The Aldnoah Zero official website has released some new information and images on the upcoming Summer anime series from Gen Urobuchi. The site revealed the supporting characters and their respective cast members, as well as their character designs.
Aldnoah Zero is an upcoming mecha anime that will be airing this July. The three main revealed characters and cast are:
- Natsuki Hanae (Hikari Sakishima from Nagi no Asukara) voicing as Inaho Kaizuka
- Kensho Ono (Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket) playing as Slaine Troyard
- Sora Amamiya (Liliana from Log Horizon) as Asseylum Vers Allushia
The newly revealed cast and characters that will be joining them include:
- Sachika Misawa (Kuroyukihime from Accel World) voicing as Rayet Areash
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) will voice Inko Amifumi
- Taishi Murata (Eiichirou Maruo in Baby Steps) will be voicing Calm Craftman
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) will voice Nina Klein
- Yoshitaka Yamaya (Yuuki Hase from Isshuukan Friends.) plays Okisuke Mikuni
- Sayaka Oohara (Erza Scarlet in Fairy Tail) voices Yuki Kaiduka
- Kazuya Nakai (Zoro Roronoa in One Piece) will voice Koichiro Marito
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) Soma Yagarai
- Ai Kayano (Meiko Honma from AnoHana) as Darzana Macbaredge
- Yuu Shimamura (Annie Leonhart from Attack on Titan) will voice Kaoru Mizusaki
Aldnoah Zero is a brand new original series created by Gen Urobuchi, the writer of the Fate/Zero light novels and anime, and Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. The anime will be directed by Ei Aoki who directed the Fate/Zero anime – teaming up with Urobuchi once again. The series will be written by the “Olympus Knights”, a group of writers from Nitro+ (known for their science adventure visual novels) that is helmed by Urobuchi. Katsuhiko Takayama (Mirai Nikki) will be the series composer, managing the flow and story of the series.
The character concepts will be done by Masako Matsumoto (Naruto Shippuden) and the final character designs will be from Takako Shimura (Aoi Hana). The series will feature mechs designed by I-IV and Kenji Teraoka (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), and the music will be composed by Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan). The series will be produced by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail) and studio TROYCA (new studio opened by Aoki), and will be a collaboration with Nitro+.
Aldnoah Zero will be airing this July, during the Summer 2014 anime season. With the people working on the series, it is gaining more and more anticipation as more information and footage releases. More information will still release in the upcoming weeks.
Source Images – Aldnoah Zero Website
“Aldnoah Zero”, images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Gen Urobuchi, Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Nitro+, Olympus Knights and Project A-Z