The official website of the anime adaptation of Ark Performance’s Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova manga series has released lots of new information for the announced sequel anime films. The first film, Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC, will be releasing on January 31st. The first visual and promotional video was also released, as well as the film’s staff and cast.
A total of 2 sequel films will be produced with the first being a recap compilation of the original anime series that aired in October 2013, but will also include new scenes and story sequences. The majority of the cast will return to voice their respective characters and include:
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will return to voice Gunzou Chihaya
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) returns as Iona
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) will reprise her role as Takao
- Hibiku Yamamura (Clone from Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi) voicing as Haruna
- Yukana Nogami (C.C. from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice Kongou
- Mako Sakurai (Yuu Matsumi in Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A) voices Maya
- Saki Fujita (Mahiru Inami in Working!!) will be voicing as Hyuga
- Yumi Uchiyama (Yoko Inokuma from Kiniro Mosaic) will voice Kirishima
- Rina Hidaka (Silica from Sword Art Online) as I-400
- Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura Kusunoki in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) is voicing I-402
- Shinobu Matsumoto (You Mishimagi from Softenni) voices Sou Oribe
- Eiji Miyashita (Gen Shishio from Kekkaishi) will voice Kyohei Kashihara
- Minami Tsuda (Yui Funami from Yuru Yuri) as Iori Watanuki
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) will be voicing Shizuka Hozumi
The site also revealed the production crew of the first film. The staff includes:
- Director: Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!)
- Art Director: Ayumu Miyakoshi (Debut Role)
- Character Designer: Morita Kazuaki (Persona 4: The Animation, Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.)
- Editor: Kiyoshi Hirose (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Zankyou no Terror)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Persona 4: The Animation, Angel Beats!)
- Animation Studio: SANZIGEN (Miss Monochrome: The Animation, Black Rock Shooter)
Additionally, the first promotional video for Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC has released, which previews the film’s Opening and Ending theme song. The OP will be Blue Snow by Trident, comprised of the main voice actresses of the anime, and the ED is Rock on., performed by nano.
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) is a Sci-Fi manga from Ark Performance. The series debuted in 2009 in Shonen Gahosha Young King Ours magazine. To date a total of 9 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. The series received an anime adaptation in October last year. It was produced by SANZIGEN with Seiji Kishi being the director. Makoto Uezu (School Days, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) handled the series composition and Masato Kouda (Mahou Sensou) was the anime’s Music composer.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
By 2039, global warming had caused sea levels to rise and large amount of territory to be lost. As though in response, a mysterious group of warships clad in mist, “the Fleet of Mist,” appeared in every corner of the ocean, and began attacking human ships. In spite of humanity mustering all their strength, they were utterly defeated by the Mist’s overwhelming force. All of humanity’s trade routes were blockaded by the Fleet of Mist, their political economy was destroyed, and the human race was steadily beaten down. Seven years later, the Fleet of Mist’s submarine I-401 appears before cadet Gunzo Chihaya. The humanoid life form that pilots the sub, who should be their enemy, is instead offering her services to mankind.
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC will be releasing in Japanese theatres on January 31st and will recap the first anime series. The second film will be a sequel and feature entirely new content. More information about the second movie will release in the upcoming months.
Are you excited for more Ship-girls? Will you watch the compilation film?
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC”, “Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Ark Performance, Shonen Gahosha, SANZIGEN and Arpeggio Partners