High School DxD: New Fight is a brand new video game adaptation of Ichiei Ishibumi and Miyama-Zero’s light novel series has recently released in Japan for the PlayStation Vita. It is a free to play Role Playing Game where players can charm all the girls from the series in the popular harem style, with over 50 girls.
Note: The following article contains NSFW content
High School DxD: New Fight is a free to play harem RPG developed and published by Marvelous AQL, where players play as the main character of the series, Issei Hyoudou, voiced by Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan). In the game players collect cards of the heroines, akin to many free to play mobile games. When you collect a card you are able to train them and level them up through random fight encounters and gain experience. You can also collect other cards and items to help with progression.
The other part of the game revolves around hanging out and talking with the girls. Here you can delve into traditional visual novel adventures increasing the trust and experience between each other. The game, like many free to play, includes microtransactions where you can purchase card packs, experience boosts and costume cards. The game itself will also include minor DLC and continuous updates with new cards.
One of the major features of the game is the Dress Break. In the game you can view a 3D model of the girl and tear off their clothes to a certain degree. There will also be dressing up and, of course, boob physics. It takes advantage of the Vita’s touch screen controls to remove the girl’s clothes and gyroscope for the jiggling. There are also co-op and multiplayer functionality where you can challenge other people in battle.
Here is the gameplay trailer for the game:
And the launch trailer for the game:
The game has over 50 girls in the game at launch. The game also includes a lot of the girls from the anime with voices from the their respective voice actresses and actors. They include:
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Issei Hyoudou
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) reprises her role as Rias Gremory
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voicing as Akeno Himejima
- Azumi Asakura (Yukiho Hagiwara from The iDOLM@STER) voices Asia Argento
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Koneko Toujou
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) will play the role of Xenovia
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) as Gasper Vladi
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) voices Souna Shitori
- Akiko Kimura (Kisaragi Ninomai in Happy☆Lesson) will be playing as Tsubaki Shinra
- Kiyono Yasuno (Tina Kobayakawa in Wake Up Girls!) as Tomoe Meguri
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko from K) once again voices Momo Hanakai
- Asuka Nishi (Shinobu in Kiniro Mosaic) voices Ravel Phenex
- Kotomi Yamakawa (Ako Izumi from Mahou Sensei Negima!) will be voicing Yubelluna
- Hitomi Harada (Mizuki Himeji in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) plays Karlamine
- Minami Tsuda (Yui Funami from Yuru Yuri) as Siris
- Mai Nakahara (Yuu Kashima in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) voices Xuelan
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voicing as Irina Shidou
- Hitomi Nabatame (Kazusa Touma in White Album 2) will voice Raynare
- Saori Seto (Mio Sakamoto in Strike Witches) as the voice of Grayfia Lucifuge
High School DxD is a light novel series written by Ichiei Ishibumi and illustrated by Miyama-Zero. The series began serialization in 2008 in Fujimi Shobo’s Dragon Magazine, before being published in their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. To date, there has been a total of 18 compiled volumes. Three manga adaptation of the series have been published in 2010, 2012 and 2013, all of which have been written by Ishibumi. An anime adaptation was produced in 2012. It was animated by TNK (School Days) and directed by Tetsuya Yanagisawa (Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid, Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora). Two OADs were then released, and were then followed by the second season of the anime in 2013. A Nintendo 3DS game was also released later that year. A third season of the anime was also recently announced.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Issei Hyodo is your average perverted high school student whose one wish in life is to have his own harem, but he’s got to be one of the unluckiest guys around. He goes on his first date with a girl only to get brutally attacked and killed when it turns out the girl is really a vicious fallen angel. To top it all off, he’s later reincarnated as a devil by his gorgeous senpai who tells him that she is also a devil and now his master! One thing’s for sure, his peaceful days are over. In a battle between devils and angels, who will win?
High School DxD New Fight is currently available on the Japanese PlayStation Vita via the PlayStation Store.
You can visit the game’s website here: http://www.marv.jp/product/ddnf/
Source Article – Gematsu #1
Source Article – Gematsu #2
Source Article – Gematsu #3
“High School DxD New Fight”, “High School DxD”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Ichiei Ishibumi, Miyama-Zerom, Fujimi Shobo, TNK and Marvelous AQL