The official website for the anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda and Nikki Asada’s Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium) novel series has launched and revealed new informaiton about the upcoming series. Animation studio Kyoto Animation will be producing the series, which will air in Japan from April next year. Additionally, the first visual, character designs and promotional video was also revealed.
The anime’s website has released the first character designs for the main characters of the upcoming anime. Though the cast have not yet been revealed, the main characters are:
- Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Hazuki Katou, the Tuba player
- Reina Kousaka, the Trumpet player
- Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
Here is the first promotional video for the anime that introduces the main characters of the series and their instruments and reveals the anime will air from April 2015, which debuts at Comiket 87:
The website and the PV both reveal the staff of the upcoming anime. The main production staff includes:
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-ON!, Tamako Market)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Ikeda (K-ON! and Tokyo Ghoul Animator)
- Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Clannad)
- Color designer: Akiyo Takeda (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, K-ON!)
- Instrument Designer: Takahashi Hiroyuki (K-ON!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Music Composer: Akito Matsuda (GLASSLIP, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium) is a music novel series written by Ayano Takeda and illustrated by Nikki Asada. The series began in December 2013 being published by Takarajimasha. To date the series only has one published novel.
Here is a synopsis of the series from ANN:
The series follows of the Kitauji Music club, which used to always advance to national competitions. Ever since the adviser changed, though, it hasn’t advanced past the Kansai tournament. However, thanks to the newly appointed adviser’s strict instruction, the students are steadily improving. The club members’ daily lives are full of ups and downs including fights over solos and the decision resign club activities to focus on studies.
The Hibike! Euphonium anime will be airing from April next year during the Spring 2015 anime season. More information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming months.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Hibike! Euphonium”, “Sound! Euphonium”, “Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Ayano Takeda, Takarajimasha, Kyoto Animation and the Hibike! Production Committee