The official website of the Madan no Ou to Vanadis anime has updated with lots of new media and information for the upcoming Fall/Autumn series, such as the anime’s cast, new character designs, wallpapers and the first promotional video. The site also revealed that the anime will be airing from October 4th in the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season.
The cast of the anime was revealed on the website, as well as the first set of character designs. The main cast of the Madan no Ou to Vanadis anime are as follows:
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) will voice lead character Tigrevurmud Vorn
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online) is voicing the main female protagonist Eleonora Viltaria
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices Titta
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) will be voicing Limalisha
- Mariya Ise (Stocking Anarchy from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) as Ludmila Lourie
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Sofya Obertas
- Takayuki Sugou (Jirochou Doromizu in Gintama) will voice Bertrand
- Hajime Iijima (Hiroshi Hatanaka from Gantz) is voicing Mashas Rodant
The anime’s staff was updated and now includes:
- Director, Script and Screenplay Writer: Tatsuo Satou (Mouretsu Pirates, Shigofumi)
- Character Designer: Yousuke Kabashima (Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo)
- Art Director: Kai Masatoshi (Ao no Exorcist, Kakumeiki Valvrave)
- Music Composer: Masaru Yokoyama (Freezing, Queen’s Blade)
- Animation Studio: Satelight (Log Horizon, Macross Frontier)
The anime’s theme songs were also revealed. The Opening theme of the series will be Ginsen no Kaze by Konomi Suzuki, and the Ending will be Schwarzer Bogen from Hitomi Harada.
A large set of wallpapers were released on the anime’s website. They are silhouettes of the main characters of the series in a 1920×1080 resolution. Click on the images for its full resolution.
Here is the first promotional video for Madan no Ou to Vanadis:
Additionally, a world map of the anime was also released on the official website:
Madan no Ou to Vanadis is a light novel series written by Tsukasa Kawaguchi with illustrations and character designs from Yoshi☆o. The series began publication in April 2011 in Media Factory’s MF Bunko J imprint, with a total of 9 volumes released to date. A manga adaptation by Kawaguchi and Nobuhiko Yanai was also released in late 2011.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in Western Europe during times of war, Eleanor “Ellen” Vertalia, one of the Vanadis of Zhcted, leads the battle into Brune. There are, in fact, seven Vanadis, named for having each received a powerful weapon from the dragon to individually reign over seven territories. The power of the Vanadis invokes dread and fear from their enemies. An earl in the service of the country of Brune, a young archer by the name of Tigre, experienced the Vandis’s power firsthand after being defeated on the battlefield by Ellen. However, Ellen chose to spare his life after witnessing his skills, but in exchange, he is asked to serve her.
The Madan no Ou to Vanadis anime will be airing from October 4th on ATX at 8:00am JST, through the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season.
Will you be watching this anime? Are the visuals and cast enticing enough? Let us know in the comments below.
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“Madan no Ou to Vanadis”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Tsukasa Kawaguchi, Yoshi☆o, Media Factory, Satelight and Madan no Ou to Vanadis Production Committee