The official website of the Etotama anime project has revealed new information for the upcoming Spring 2015 series. Additional members of the anime’s cast and character designs has been revealed, along with a new visual. The site has also revealed new promotional videos revealing that the anime will be a mixture of traditional 2D anime and 3D CGI.
The series will feature traditional 2D digital anime when the characters are in their adult form, but when they travel into the Zodiac world and transform into their small pretty mode it is in 3D CGI visuals. The site has revealed brand new designs for the recently announced characters, showing their anime and CGI designs. The cast members for the new characters were also revealed and includes:
- Yuiko Tatsumi (Riko Suminoe from Kiss x Sis) will voice Shima-tan, the tiger zodiac
- Yuuka Aisaka (Kotone Noda in Sakura Trick) as Usa-tan, the rabbit zodiac
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is voicing as Dora-tan, the dragon zodiac
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) voices Mei-tan, the sheep zodiac
- Megumi Toda (Yuzu Iizuka from Sakura Trick) will be voicing Kii-tan, the monkey zodiac
- Mikoi Sasaki (Hercule Barton from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes) is voicing Piyo-tan, the chicken zodiac
- Mariko Honda (Yuuko Aioi in Nichijou) as Inu-tan, the dog zodiac
The previously revealed cast includes:
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) will voice the main character Nya-tan, the cat zodiac
- Eriko Matsui (Benio Yonomori in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) voices Mo-tan, the cow zodiac
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) will voice the role of Uma-tan, the horse zodiac
- Yumiri Hanamori (First major role) will play Uri-tan, the boar zodiac
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) as Takeru Tendo, an Akihabara high school student
The anime’s staff were earlier revealed and includes:
- Concept & Setting Creators: Takashi Hoshi (Schäferhund) and Tooru Zekuu (Trinity x Venus)
- Director: Fumitoshi Oizaki (Acchi Kocchi, Romeo x Juliet)
- Series Composition: Deko Akao (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Adult Character Designer: Akio Watanabe (The World God Only Knows, Bakemonogatari)
- Pretty Mode Character Designer: QP:flapper (Sora no Method, Lucky Chance!)
- Anime Pretty Mode Character Designer: Asami Takahashi (Doujins, First major role)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Adult Character Designer: Satoshi Koike (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Sword of the Stranger Key Animator)
- Cgi Director: Daisuke Hirakawa (Rei Ryugazaki in Free!)
- Animation Studio: Shirogumi Inc. (Moyashimon, Antique Bakery)
Two brand new promotional videos have been released for Etotama, both showcasing the 3D CGI of the anime. The first video is the third promotional video of the anime that introduces the main characters of the anime and the transformation sequence between their adult form and their pretty form.
The next video is entirely 3D CGI that also introduces the main characters and also the fighting scenes in the series.
Etotama is a new original anime series produced by Japanese animation studio Shirogumi Inc. and Japanese media producer Tablier Communications. A manga based on the series by Takashi Hoshi and Tooru Zekuu, and illustrated by Hiroma Hino (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai dj – Anti-Reaju Pandemic) was launched in January this year in Kadokawa’s Dengeki Daioh magazine. The first compiled volume of the manga will be releasing on November 26th.
Here is a synopsis of the series:
Nya-tan, the cat of Chinese astrology wants to become a member of the Chinese zodiac. Nya-tan is simple and suffers from memory loss, and she tries various foolish ways to become a member. She meets Takeru Tendo, a high school student who lives alone in Akihabara, and becomes a freeloader at his house. Little by little, she gets closer to her goal.
The Etotama anime will be airing from April next year during the Spring 2015 anime season. It will contain both 2D and 3D segments. More information about the anime will release soon.
“Etotama”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Takashi Hoshi, Tooru Zekuu, Shirogumi Inc., Tablier Communications and Etotama Production Committee