The official website of the Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso anime has released new information for the upcoming adaptation of Naoshi Arakawa’s manga of the same name. The anime’s cast and character designs were revealed, as well as a new visual and the third promotional video. The anime itself will be airing from October 9th during the noitamina block at 25:20 (effectively October 10th 2:20am).
The anime’s cast members and character designs were released on the website. The main cast and characters are:
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul) voices the main character Kousei Arima
- Risa Taneda (Aya Komichi in Kiniro Mosaic) will voice Kaori Miyazono
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) is voicing Tsubaki Sawabe
- Ryota Ohsaka (Motoki Yaze in Strike the Blood) as Ryouta Watari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) will play Takeshi Aiza
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) as Emi Igawa
The anime’s staff that will be producing the series was also revealed. It includes:
- Director: Kyohei Ishiguro (Debut directing role)
- Series Composer and Script Writer: Takao Yoshioka (WataMote, High School DxD)
- Art Director: Hisayo Usui (The [email protected] Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e!, Angel Beats! Background Artist)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Masaru Yokoyama (Freezing, Queen’s Blade)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
The anime’s Opening and Ending themes were also revealed. The Opening will be Hikaru nara by Goose house, and the Ending will be Kirameki performed by wacci. The third promotional video for Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso was released. The video previews the series’ characters and backstory in this sombre introduction.
Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) is a manga written and illustrated by Naoshi Arakawa. The series began serialization in 2011 in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Magazine. To date the series has a total of 9 compiled volumes, with the 10th volume releasing on October 17th. The series also won the Best Shonen Manga in the 2013 Kodansha Manga Awards.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.
The Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso anime will be airing from October 10th at 2:20am JST during Fuji TV’s noitamina block, during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season.
So what do you think of the anime so far? Are the visuals appealing?
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso”, “Your Lie in April”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Naoshi Arakawa, Kodansha, A-1 Pictures and Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso Production Committee