The official European website for animation studio Toei Animation has revealed that the current anime adaptation of Daisuke Ashihara’s World Trigger manga will run for a total of 50 episodes.
The anime itself, containing 50 episodes, will run for a total of 4 cours, or one full year. World Trigger will then be scheduled to end in December next year, towards the end of the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. The first Blu-ray/DVD volume of the anime will released on March 13 next year, which includes 3 episodes and a drama CD.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Tomo Muranaka (Jolly from Arcana Famiglia) will voice the main protagonist Yuuma Kuga
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices protagonist Osamu Mikumo
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) as the main character Yuuichi Jin
- Nao Tamura (Ayuko Uehara in Aiura) voices the female lead character Chika Amatori
- Hideyuki Tanaka (Doflamingo Donquixote from One Piece) will be voicing Replica
The production staff of the anime was also revealed and includes:
- Director: Mitsuru Hongo (Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star, Battle Spirits: Shounen Toppa Version)
- Series Composer: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Accel World, Strike the Blood)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Toshihisa Kaiya (IGPX Immortal Grand Prix, Haikyuu!!)
- Music Composer: Kenji Kawai (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Fate/stay night)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
World Trigger is a Sci-Fi manga written and illustrated by Daisuke Ashihara. The series began early last year in Shueisha’s Weekly Shounnen Jump magazine. To date there has been a total of 7 volumes released. The manga is also currently available on Viz Media’s digital Weekly Shonen Jump.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth’s only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!
The World Trigger anime is currently airing on Sundays at 6:30am on TV Asahi. The anime will air for a total of 50 episodes and is scheduled to end next December during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season.
Source Article – Toei Animation Europe World Trigger
“World Trigger”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Daisuke Ashihara, Shueisha and Toei Animation