After just over a month in Japanese cinemas the latest film in the Naruto franchise, Boruto -Naruto the Movie-, has become the highest grossing film in the entire series, at ¥2.02 Billion (~ US$16.8 Million).
The film is the 11th overall film in the Naruto franchise and is the first film set after the events of the manga. As of the end of August, the film has earned over ¥2.02 Billion (~ US$16.8 Million) in the 3 weeks that the film has been out. It has even outearned the previous films in the franchise, The Last -Naruto the Movie- which earned a total of ¥2 Billion (~ $16 Million USD) in its entire run and Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie, which ended at ¥ 1.46 billion (~ $12.4 million USD).
It opened in 268 theatres across Japan with an opening weekend of ¥409 Million (~ $3.29 Million USD). After the three day period, the film is currently out grossing the previous film, The Last -Naruto the Movie-, by 115.1% in its opening 3 days. Despite this, the previous film had an opening weekend of ¥515 Million (~ $4.27 million USD), where Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie opened with ¥446 Million USD (~ $3.8 Million USD).
The main cast of the film includes:
- Yuko Sanpei (Renton Thurston from Eureka Seven) will voice Boruto Uzumaki
- Kokoro Kikuchi (Potpourri in Heartcatch Precure!) as Sarada Uchiha
- Junko Takeuchi (Gon Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) returns to voice Naruto Uzumaki
- Noriaki Sugiyama (Uryuu Ishida in Bleach) is back as Sasuke Uchiha
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Kouji Nishimura in Baby Steps) will voice new character Mitsuki
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) voices as Inojin Yamanaka, Ino and Sai’s child
- Kensho Ono (Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero) is voicing Shikadai Nara, Shikamaru and Temari’s son
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima from Black Lagoon) will voice Momoshiki Ootsutsuki, the main villain who tries to steal Kurama
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Elfman Strauss in Fairy Tail) as Kinoshiki Ootsutsuki
- Ryouta Takeuchi (Ren in DRAMAtical Murder) will voice Darui
- Akira Ishida (Kaworu Nagisa from Neon Genesis Evangelion) will be voicing as Gaara
- Kouki Miyata (Kouta Tsuchiya in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) as Choujuurou
- Hana Takeda (Chuukou Kyocho in Ikkitousen) returns to voice Kurotsuchi
- And Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) will voice Himawari Uzumaki
And here is the English subtitled version of the trailer, which previews the main theme of the film: Diver by Kana Boon:
And the second trailer:
The film was first announced at the premiere screening of the latest Naruto film, The Last -Naruto the Movie-, where Masashi Kishimoto was present and answered questions. Kishimoto will be chief production supervisor for the upcoming 2015 film. Kishimoto will continue to work on the franchise until at least Summer 2015 before moving on to other works. Junko Takeuchi, the voice actress of Naruto Uzumaki stated:
“I can’t possibly guess what’s it about. But I’ll enjoy it.
The film will feature the new generation of Shinobi that were revealed in the final 700th chapter of the original manga. Boruto is the son of Hinata Hyuga and the 7th Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki. They also have a daughter named Himawari. Sarada Uchiha is Sasuke and Sakura Haruno’s daughter. There will also be a mini series manga releasing this Spring, following Naruto’s children and the new characters.
Naruto is an original manga series created by Masashi Kishimoto. The manga began in 1999 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where to date a total of 69 volumes have released. Since its debut the manga has sold over 130 million copies in Japan alone. The series has also received two TV anime series adaptation, covering the manga’s two parts: Naruto and Naruto Shippuden in 2002 and 2007 respectively. Both series were produced by Studio Pierrot. Additionally, a total of 9 anime films have released to date and numerous OVAs and specials. A light novel spin-off was produced by Masatoshi Kusakabe and released in 2002, and a manga spinoff, titled Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden, began publishing in 2010 from Kenji Taira and was adapted into an anime in 2012. Today, the franchise is one of Japan’s most renowned and one of the most popular anime/manga series outside of Japan.
Here is a synopsis of the original series from MAL:
Naruto Uzumaki, a hyperactive and knuckle-headed ninja, lives in Konohagakure, the Hidden Leaf village. Moments prior to his birth, a huge demon known as the Kyuubi, the Nine-tailed Fox, attacked Konohagakure and wreaked havoc. In order to put an end to the Kyuubi’s rampage, the leader of the village, the 4th Hokage, sacrificed his life and sealed the monstrous beast inside the newborn Naruto.
Shunned because of the presence of the Kyuubi inside him, Naruto struggles to find his place in the village. He strives to become the Hokage of Konohagakure, and he meets many friends and foes along the way.
Boruto -Naruto The Movie- has been out in Japanese theatres since August 7th. The film will also release in Australia and North America later this year.
Source Article – AnimeAnime Japan
“Boruto -Naruto The Movie-“, “Naruto”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Masashi Kishimoto, Studio Pierrot, Shueisha and Naruto Production Committee