The official Twitter account of Jun Maeda’s upcoming Charlotte anime has revealed that the series will be 13 episodes, meaning that it will only run for the current Summer 2015 anime season.
— Charlotte&AB!公式アカウント (@Charlotte_AB_) July 3, 2015
The account has also revealed the title of all 13 episodes. If you do not want to know the episode titles, then the following section is a spoiler.
- I Think of Someone Else
- Melody of Despair
- Love and Flames
- The Ephemeral Truth
- The Sound Once Heard
- Oblivious Happiness
- At the End of Escape
- Chance Encounter
- A World not Here
- Records From Today Forth
The Charlotte anime will premiere on Tokyo MX on Saturday, July 4th at midnight, effectively making it air on Sunday, July 5th. The anime will also air on Tochigi TV and GTV at the same time. It will then be broadcasted on Chiba TV, TVK and Television Saitama half an hour later at 12:30am JST on the 5th. It will also air on MBS, Tulip TV, CBC TV and BS11 in the days following.
Here is the latest visual of the anime:
The preview video for the first episode of the anime, debuting on the 4th/5th.
The members of the anime’s main cast has been earlier revealed and includes:
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) voices Nao Tomori, the hard working, narcissist first year student who is also the president of the student council. She has the ability to remove herself from the vision of one person at a time. She studies very hard and has issues with problematic students.
- Kouki Uchiyama (Raku Ichijou in Nisekoi) as Yuu Otosaka, a rude first year student with the ability to hijack the bodies of others for five seconds. Uses the ability to memorize test answers of better students. He is an idiot and is also bad at studying. He usually behaves as if he were smart, but he is actually a chronic cheater. Once he makes friends with somebody, they notice that he is an idiot.
- Takahiro Mizushima (Takamatsu from Angel Beats!) will be voicing Joujirou Takajou, he can move at such high speeds that he looks like he’s teleporting. However, he cannot totally able to control where he stops, so he has to wear protective gear under his school uniform to prevent injury.
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is voicing Yusa Nishimori, the lead vocalist for the band How-Low-Hello and a medium able to speak to the dead. She uncontrollably channels her deceased elder sister. When this occurs her appearance changes, such as her eye color from blue to red.
- Maaya Uchida will also voice Misa, Yusa’s elder sister
- Momo Asakura (Sumi Otokawa from Sakura Trick) voices Ayumi Otosaka
The anime’s website has revealed that music producers Anant-Garde Eyes will be producing the music of the anime, alongside music composer Jun Maeda. The group itself is well known for the production of the music of Angel Beats! and Mekakucity Actors. They have also arranged the theme songs for the Ending themes of both anime, as well as the OP of Clannad: After Story.
They will join the staff of the anime, which includes:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Ah! My Goddess and Soul Eater Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako, Tari Tari)
- Original Character Designer: Na-Ga (Clannad, Angel Beats!)
- Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Angel Beats!, Assassination Classroom)
- Music Composer and Screenplay Writer: Jun Maeda (Angel Beats!, Clannad)
- Music Producers: Anant-Garde Eyes (Angel Beats!, Mekakucity Actors)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
The performers of the anime’s main theme songs has been revealed. Lia will be performing the Opening theme Bravely You and Aoi Tada will be singing the anime’s Ending song Yake Ochinai Tsubasa, both who also performed the theme songs for Angel Beats!
The latest issue of Newtype magazine has revealed a brand new visual of the anime:Click on the image for full resolution
Here is the latest promotional video of Charlotte:
The anime’s website has also revealed the synopsis of the story of Charlotte:
Set in a word in which a small percent of children manifest super powers upon reaching puberty, the series follows the Nouryokusha mono, power bearer, members of the “Hoshi No Umi” Academy student council as they help peers with problems arising from their abilities.
The Charlotte anime will start airing tomorrow, July 5th at 12:00am JST on Tokyo MX during the Summer 2015 anime season. A special early broadcast of the anime will air on MBS on the 21st at 3:58am JST. More information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
“Charlotte”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Jun Maeda, Aniplex, Key, P.A. Works, Dengeki G’s Magazine and the Charlotte Project