The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Kotoyama’s Dagashi Kashi manga has announced that the series will start its broadcast from January 8, 2016. Furthermore, a brand new visual and the first promotional video were also revealed.
The first episode of the Dagashi Kashi anime will air on TBS on Friday, January 8 at 2:16am JST. It will then every Friday in the following weeks in the same timeslot on TBS. Following that, the anime will also air on CBC on the 8th at 3:30am JST, on San TV on the 8th at 11:30pm JST, and on BS 11 on the 10th at 1:30am JST.
A poster for the anime was also released confirming the air date:
The first promotional video of Dagashi Kashi has debuted, showcasing the upcoming designs and visuals of the anime and previewing Hotaru’s voice.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will voice Hotaru Shidare
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) is voicing Kokonotsu Shikada
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) voices Saya Endou
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) is voicing Tou Endou
- Keiji Fujiwara (Tatsuya Kimura from Hajime no Ippo) as You Shikada
The main theme songs of the anime have also been revealed. Japanese singer Michi (Rokka no Yuusha OP & ED) will perform the anime’s Opening theme song Checkmate!? While Ayana Taketatsu herself will sing the Ending theme, Hey! Calorie Queen.
The leading members of the anime’s main staff includes:
- Director and Series Composer: Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo ESP)
- Series Composer: Yasuko Kamo (Kanamemo, Tokyo ESP)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanetoshi Kamimoto (Burst Angel, Yosuga no Sora)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Haganai, Isshuukan Friends.)
- Animation Studio: feel. (Oregairu Zoku, Minami-ke Tadaima)
Dagashi Kashi is a comedy manga written and illustrated by Kotoyama. The series began in 2014 being serialized in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. To date a total of 3 volumes have been compiled.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Shikada Kokonotsu’s father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in Summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu’s father is famous and she wants him to join her family’s company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!
An anime adaptation of Dagashi Kashi will air on TBS on Mondays at 2:16am JST starting January 8, during the Winter 2015/2016. More details about the anime will be unveiled in the upcoming weeks.
Source Image – Moca News
Source Image – Yaraon
“Dagashi Kashi”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Kotoyama, Shogakukan and Shikada Dagashi