With the recent announcement of the HD remake of Final Fantasy VII, many fans across the world are celebrating through the creation of fanart. One fan has gone out of their way to create something more unique, drawing characters from the franchise in the style of various Manga artists.
A user on Pxiv has recreated the leading characters from each of the Final Fantasy games as if a well known manga artist drew them. Do note that this was produced years ago, but it is done well and rather timely with the remake announcement.
- Final Fantasy I – style of Hara Tetsuo (Fist of the North Star)
- Final Fantasy II – style of Takeshi Konomi (The Prince of Tennis)
- Final Fantasy III – style of Eiichiro Oda (One Piece)
- Final Fantasy IV – style of Takeshi Obata (Death Note, Bakuman)
- Final Fantasy V – style of Yusuke Murata (Eyeshield 21, One-Punch Man)
- Final Fantasy VI – style of Hirohiko Araki (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Final Fantasy VII – style of Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto)
- Final Fantasy VIII – style of Tite Kubo (Bleach)
- Final Fantasy IX – style of Akira Amano (Katekyou Hitman Reborn!)
- Final Fantasy X – style of Takehiko Inoue (Slam Dunk, Vagabond)
- Final Fantasy XI – style of Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball)
- Final Fantasy XII – style of Hideaki Sorachi (Gintama)
- The Girls of Final Fantasy – style of Kentaro Yabuki (To Love-Ru, Black Cat)
So which of the illustrations were your favourite?