It has been earlier revealed that an anime adaptation of Takumi Yanai and Daisuke Izuka’s Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (Gate: The Self-Defense Forces Fight Like This in Another Land) light novel series is currently in production. Recently, the anime’s official website has launched revealing that the anime will be airing this July. The site also reveals the first visuals, main cast, main staff and promotional videos for the upcoming TV anime.
The image above was the first visual that was revealed at the anime’s announcement. Here is the second visual, which also reveals the designs of the anime’s main characters:
The main cast of the anime were also revealed. They include:
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer in Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works) will voice Youji Itami, an Otaku human who is also the leader of the Self-Defense Force troops
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) as Tuka Luna Marso, a female Elf
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki from Nisekoi) as Lelei la Lelena, a human mage
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) as Rory Mercury, a demigod serving Emroy
The first members of the anime’s staff were also revealed and consists of:
- Director: Takahiko Kyougoku (Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 and Season 2)
- Series Composer: Tatsuhiko Urahata (Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, Black Bullet)
- Anime Character Designer: Jun Nakai (Silver Spoon, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou)
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Love Live! School Idol Project, Ao Haru Ride)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, Akuma no Riddle)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
Here is the first promotional video that released with the adaptation’s announcement:
And the second PV that was earlier revealed:
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (Gate: The Self-Defense Forces Fight Like This in Another Land) is a fantasy, military action light novel series written by Takumi Yanai that was initially posted online on Arcadia between 2006 and 2009. The series was first published in 2010 being by AlphaPolis with illustrations by Daisuke Izuka for a total of 5 main volumes with three side story novels. It was reprinted in 2012 with illustrations by Kuroshishi with 10 volumes published to date. The series also received a manga adaptation in 2011 drawn by Satoru Sao that is also published by AlphaPolis, with 5 volumes published to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In August of 20XX, a portal to a parallel world, known as the “Gate,” suddenly appeared in Ginza, Tokyo. Monsters and troops poured out of the portal, turning the shopping district into a bloody inferno.
The Japan Ground-Self Defence Force immediately took action and pushed the fantasy creatures back to the “Gate.” To facilitate negotiations and prepare for future fights, the JGSDF dispatched the Third Reconnaissance Team to the “Special Region” at the other side of the Gate.
Youji Itami, a JSDF officer as well as a 33-year-old otaku, was appointed as the leader of the Team. Amid attacks from enemy troops the team visited a variety of places and learnt a lot about the local culture and geography.
Thanks to their efforts in humanitarian relief, although with some difficulties they were gradually able to reach out to the locals. They even had a cute elf, a sorceress and a demigoddess in their circle of new friends. On the other hand, the major powers outside the Gate such as the United States,China and Russia were extremely interested in the abundant resources available in the Special Region. They began to exert diplomatic pressure over Japan.
A suddenly appearing portal to an unknown world—to the major powers it may be no more than a mere asset for toppling the international order. But to our protagonists it is an invaluable opportunity to broaden knowledge, friendship, and ultimately their perspective towards the world.
The Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri anime adaptation will be airing this July on Tokyo MX during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Gate”, “Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri”, “Gate: The Self-Defense Forces Fight Like This in Another Land”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Takumi Yanai, Daisuke Izuka, Kuroshishi, AlphaPolis, A-1 Pictures and the Gate Production Committee