TV station Tokyo MX have listed that the 6th episode of ufotable’s anime adaptation of Bandai Namco’s God Eater will not be airing this week, on Sunday, August 23rd. Instead another Extra episode will be shown instead.
The 6th episode of the God Eater anime will not be airing this week and will be delayed until at least next week, from its scheduled broadcast on August 23rd on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST to August 30th in the same time slot. On August 23rd the third special, God Eater Extra 02, will be broadcasted instead. This is the third time that an episode has been pushed back and replaced with an Extra episode. The 1st episode and the 4th episode were delayed by one week.
The first set of character designs has been revealed for the main members of the anime’s cast. The majority of the cast from the games will return to voice their characters in the anime, with one new original character.
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Argyllo in Beast Saga) will lead as original character Renka Utsugi
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Alisa Ilinichina Amiella
- Hiroaki Hirata (Sanji from One Piece) returns to voice Lindow Amamiya
- Kazuya Nakai (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece) will voice Soma Schicksal
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura in Gintama) is back as Kota Fujiki
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) will be voicing Sakuya Tachibana
Additional members of the main staff of the God Eater anime has also been revealed and includes:
- Director and Sound Director: Takayuki Hirao (Kara no Kyoukai 5, Gyo)
- Anime Character Designer: Keita Shimizu (Fate/Zero and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masaru Yanaka (Captain Earth, Fate/Zero Background Art)
- Director of Photography: Seiji Matsuda (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
- CGI Director: Masato Takizawa (Fate/Zero, Doraemon: Nobita no Uchuu kaitakushi)
- Music Composer: Go Shiina (God Eater and Tales of. Games)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
It was also revealed that the duo OLDCODEX (Free! OP, Kuroko’s Basketball ED2) will be performing the Opening theme song for God Eater.
The first full promotional video for the anime was also released and previews some of the series’ animation from ufotable.
30 second commercial:
15 second commercial:
God Eater is an Action Role Playing, Hack n Slash game developed by Shift and published by Bandai Namco Games. The games are set in a dystopian future Japan, where large monsters called Aragami have destroyed most of mankind. In the games you play as a God Eater, a small group of soldiers whose sole purpose is to defeat the Aragami using weapons made from the Aragami’s cells. A total of 3 games have been released since its start in 2010. The first game in the series released in Japan in February 2010 for the PlayStation Portable with an updated release titled Gods Eater Burst later in the year, where it also released internationally. A direct sequel to the game was published last year in Japan on the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita. The game has been announced to be localised, but no date has been given yet.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in Japan in the year 2071 where the world has been mostly destroyed by mysterious monsters known as the Aragami. An organization known as Fenrir was made to exterminate Aragami using weapons called God Arcs which is made from the cells of an Aragami. Those who specialize in exterminating Aragami are known as God Eaters. Originally God Eaters had one type in which their God Arcs can only keep gun form or blade form, however a new type has been discovered that can switch between gun and blade form. Since then, they have been classified new-types and the previous as old-types.
The God Eater anime airs every Sunday on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST this Summer 2015 anime season. This week’s episode will be postponed till next week where God Eater Extra 02 will be broadcasted on August 23rd at 10:30pm JST on Tokyo MX.