The official website of the Houkago no Pleiades (Wish Upon the Pleiades) anime project has revealed a bunch of new visuals for the upcoming April TV anime. Additionally, the anime’s Opening and Ending theme songs were also revealed, alongside some details about the Blu-ray release of the ONAs.
The anime’s website has revealed new visuals for the main characters of the anime. The cast from the ONAs will return to voice their respective roles:
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) will return as Subaru, the pink haired magical girl
- Ayuru Ohashi (Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen in Strike Witches) will be back to voice Aoi, the blue haired magical girl
- Kanako Tateno (Shirayuki-hime in Otogi-jushi Akazukin) will be voicing Itsuki, the black haired magical girl
- Yui Makino (Misaki Nakahara from Welcome to the NHK) as Hikaru, the blonde magical girl
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) who voices Nanako, the purple haired magical girl
The main theme songs of the upcoming series were also revealed. The Opening will be Stella-rium performed by Kano and the Ending theme will be Koko Kara, Kanata Kara sung by fragment.
The main staff of the ONA series will be returning to produce the anime. They include:
- Director: Shouji Saeki (FLCL, Medaka Box)
- Anime Character Designer: Mai Otsuka (Non Non Biyori, Shakugan no Shana)
- Art Director: Hiroshi Kato (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Barakamon)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Persona 4: The Animation, Angel Beats!)
- Animation Studio: Gainax (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Medaka Box)
Here is the first promotional video for the Houkago no Pleiades TV anime:
A Blu-ray release of the 4 episode ONA series was also revealed that will be sold from April 15th for ¥4,800 (~ $40.10 USD) not including tax. It will be a limited edition release containing all four episodes that released on Youtube as well as:
- A special disc jacket drawn by character designer Mai Otsuka
- An 8 page special booklet
- A special disc sleeve
- The OST of the ONAs
- Background music of the ONAs
- A full version of the anime’s main theme with a karaoke version
- A collection of all the trailers for the ONAs
The Houkago no Pleiades anime began as a series of ONAs that released in 2011 containing 4 short episodes that released online on Youtube. The official channel of the anime has also released English subtitled versions of the series.
Here is episode 1 of Houkago no Pleiades:
Houkago no Pleiades Episode 2:
And the 4th and final episode:
Houkago no Pleiades (Wish Upon the Pleiades) is an anime project collaboration between animation studio Gainax (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Medaka Box) and Japanese car manufacturer Subaru that centres around the story of five magical girls who collect fragments so an alien can return to its home in Pleiades. It first started as a series of 4 online OVAs that released on Youtube in 2011 that are approximately 6 minutes each. The series was directed by Shouji Saeki (FLCL, Medaka Box) with the anime characters designed by Mai Otsuka (Non Non Biyori, Shakugan no Shana), concept designs by Daisuke Kikuchi (Gurren Lagann Key Animator) and animated by Gainax. It was announced back in 2013 that a film adaptation of the series was in production, but no further details were released.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Subaru is a young girl who discovers that her best friend Aoi is part of magical group trying to gather engine fragments so that a little being from Pleiades can return to his home. Subaru considers joining them as she was chosen by the Pleiadian, president of this afterschool club.
A collaboration between Gainax and the car maker Subaru.
More information about the Houkago no Pleiades TV anime series will be airing this April during the Spring 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be released soon.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Houkago no Pleiades”, “Wish Upon the Pleiades”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Subaru, Gainax and the Houkago no Pleiades Production Committee