North American anime licensor and distributor Sentai Filmworks have revealed the first look of their upcoming English dubbing of the anime adaptation of Nagomu Torii and Tomoyo Kamoi’s Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) light novel series. The dub itself includes Clint Bickham (Shun Aonuma from Shinsekai yori) as Akihito Kanbara, Krystal LaPorte (Shiori Asagiri in Tamako Market) as Mirai Kuriyama, and Monica Rial (Bulma in Dragon Ball Kai) as Mitsuki Nase.
The English dub of Kyoukai no Kanata will be included with the Blu-ray and DVD release of the anime. It will release in North America on October 13; visit: http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/shows/beyond-the-boundary
A limited edition release of the anime was also revealed and will have various bonuses for fans including a large poster, postcards, a special booklet, and the Daybreak OVA.
The main staff members of the anime includes:
- Director: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Nichijou Assistant Director)
- Script Writer and Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Love Live! School idol project)
- Anime Character Designer: Miku Kadowaki (Kyoukai no Kanata, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Music Composer: Hikaru Nanase (Infinite Stratos, Galaxy Angel)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Free!)
Here is the film’s main visual:
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half youmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.