There is only a month away until Comic Market (Comiket) 88 and many products are now being previewed for what will be on sale at the convention. The official website of the anime adaptation of Okayado’s Monster Musume (Everyday Life with Monster Girls) manga has revealed its goods and products that will be sold at Comiket 88, August 14-16. One of the items, is a life sized Dakimakura cover of the red head Lamia, Mia.
A true to life Dakimakura cover of Mia will be sold at Comiket 88. This limited edition cover is at 7 metres/ 22.9 Feet long of pure Mia goodness. The cover has two sides, both of which are very lewd. The cover itself will cost ¥100,000 (~ $806.06 USD).
Many other Monster Musume Comiket products available were also revealed and includes:
- A series of 12 limited edition keychains, ¥5,000 (~ $40.30 USD)
- A special character team set that features a disc case, mouse pad, A4 acrylic board, badges and a coaster. A total of three sets will be on sale for ¥5,000 (~ $40.30 USD):
- Team A2 – Papi and Suu
- A limited edition “Roll Me” T-Shirt featuring Mia, ¥4,000 (~ $32.25 USD)
- A limited edition B2 sized tapestry (6 to choose from), ¥3,000 (~ $24.20 USD) each
- A long tapestry bag (2 to choose from) to carry those tapestries, ¥3,000 (~ $24.20 USD) each
- A bathing towel (3 to choose from), ¥2,000 (~ $16.10 USD) each
The first Blu-ray and DVD volume will be releasing on Wednesday, September 16 containing episodes 1 and 2, along with: a textless Opening and Ending sequence, a priority pass for tickets for the special event in November, a special jacket, and a hidden voice command of Mia.. The remaining volumes will release on:
- Volume 2- October 14th with episodes 3 & 4
- Volume 3 – November 18th with episode 5 & 6
- Volume 4 – December 16th with episodes 7 & 8
- Volume 5 – January, with episodes 9 & 10
- Volume 6 – February, with episodes 11 & 12
All volumes will contain cleaned up footage of the anime in full High Definition, with special jacket cards, visuals, a hidden recording of one monster girl, and additional video and audio material. The Blu-ray versions will cost ¥6,800 (~ $55.00 USD) and the DVD will cost ¥5,800 (~ $47.00 USD) without tax.
Here is the cover of the first volume:
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Sora Amamiya (Asseylum Vers Allusia from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice Miia, the redheaded Lamia
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) as Papi, a Blue Haired Harpy
- Natsuki Aikawa (Petra Ral in Attack on Titan) as Centorea Shianus, a Blonde Centaur
- Mayuka Nomura (Sayaka Shimizu in Rescue Me!) will be voicing Suu, the green hair Slime Girl
- Haruka Yamazaki (Tomoyo Kanzaki from Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) joins the cast to voice Meroune Lorelei, a pink haired Mermaid
- Sakura Nakamura (Akebi Sasaki in Girls und Panzer) voices Rachnera Arachnera, the lavender haired Arachne
- Junji Majima (Ryuuji Takasu from Toradora!) will be voicing Kimihito Kurusu, the main Human protagonist
The main members of the Monster Musume anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, Yoru no Yatterman)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Hajime no Ippo Rising)
- Character Designer and Animation Director: Takaya Sunagawa (Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~, Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san)
- Chief Animation Director: Shunji Akasaka (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san and Wake Up, Girls! Key Animator)
- Sound Director: Hiroto Morishita (Blade & Soul, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai)
- Music Composers: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Yuushibu) and manzo (Keihin Kazoku , Himitsu Kessha Taka no Tsume Countdown)
- Animation Studios: Lerche (Assassination Classroom, Re:␣Hamatora) and Seven (Ai Mai Mi, Strange+)
Here is the anime’s main PV:
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Everyday Life with Monster Girls) or just Monster Musume, is a romantic, ecchi harem manga written and illustrated by Okayado (Takemaru Inui). The series began in March 2012 in Tokuma Shoten’s Monthly Comic Ryu magazine where a total of 7 volumes have been compiled and published to date, with over 1,000,000 copies sold. The series has been very popular where the release of new volumes debut in the top 3. The Monster Musume anime was announced in the manga’s 7th volume.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Monsters—they’re real, and they want to date us! Three years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood—not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the “Cultural Exchange Between Species Act,” these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they’re trying.
When a hapless human named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a “volunteer” into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu’s job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life. Unfortunately for Kurusu, Miia is undeniably sexy, and the law against interspecies breeding is very strict. Even worse, when a ravishing centaur girl and a flirtatious harpy move in, what’s a full-blooded young man with raging hormones to do?!
The Monster Musume Mia Dakimakura cover will be sold at Comiket 88, August 14-16, costing ¥100,000 (~ $806.06 USD). The anime is currently airing on Wednesdays on Tokyo MX at 12:30am JST. The first Blu-ray and DVD volume of the anime will release on September 16.
“Monster Musume”, “Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou”, “Everyday Life with Monster Girls”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Okayado, Takemaru Inui and Tokuma Shoten