The official website of the Charlotte anime has revealed a few new details about the upcoming original series. A brand new visual has been revealed in addition to new characters and character information, and the general synopsis of the 2015 anime.
The official website has been updated with new information and character designs about the two previously revealed main characters of the anime. It has also unveiled two new characters joining the cast:
- Nao Tomori, the hard working, narcissist first year student who is also the president of the student council. She has the ability to remove herself from the vision of one person at a time. She studies very hard and has issues with problematic students. She’s also huge fan of one of the anime’s bands, ZHIEND.
- Yuu Otosaka, a rude first year student with the ability to hijack the bodies of others for five seconds. Uses the ability to memorize test answers of better students. He is an idiot and is also bad at studying. He usually behaves as if he were smart, but he is actually a chronic cheater. Once he makes friends with somebody, they notice that he is an idiot. He is not sly or crafty at all. He just says things which sound clever, and he is a narcissist.
- Joujirou Takajou, he can move at such high speeds that he looks like he’s teleporting. However, he cannot totally able to control where he stops, so he has to wear protective gear under his school uniform to prevent injury.
- Yusa Nishimori, the lead vocalist for the band How-Low-Hello and a medium able to speak to the dead. She uncontrollably channels her deceased elder sister. When this occurs her appearance changes, such as her eye color from blue to red.
The anime’s website has also revealed the synopsis of the story of Charlotte:
Set in a word in which a small percent of children manifest super powers upon reaching puberty, theseries follows the Nouryokusha mono, power bearer, members of the “Hoshi No Umi” Academy student council as they help peers with problems arising from their abilities.
The previous Dengeki G’s Magazine issue has revealed the first details of the anime in an interview with Jun Maeda.
- He describes the plot of the anime as a typical Key story. He further compares the series to Angel Beats! where that series was unable to flesh out all the characters. This series will be different as their main focus will be on the characters.
- The main characters of the series will revolve around the student council, where one of them are in a band. There will be two stage performances by the band.
- The anime’s Opening and Ending themes, and the insert songs, will be written and composed by Jun Maeda (Angel Beats! Music & Creator, Clannad Music and Writer).
- The genre of the songs will be rock focusing on women vocals where the voice actresses will be singing.
- The first half of the anime will be more slow paced than Angel Beats! before picking up speed for the second half
Here is the visual that released in the February issue of Dengeki G’s:
Jun Maeda will write the original screenplay and compose the music for the anime, which will be produced by P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara). It will also feature character designs from Na-Ga, a popular artist who works with Key on many of their famous visual novels and also the character designs of the Angel Beats! light novel, anime and visual novel.
Here is the announcement video for Charlotte:
Still, not a lot of information about Charlotte has been revealed. More information will be revealed in the upcoming months in Dengeki G’s Magazine and the anime’s website.
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“Charlotte”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Jun Maeda, Aniplex, Key, P.A. Works, Dengeki G’s Magazine and the Charlotte Project