A brand new visual has been revealed in the latest issue of Animedia for the upcoming Digimon Adventure tri. theatrical anime series. The new visual will be the first in a series that focuses on the main characters and Digimon of the series. This particular new visual features Taichi “Tai” Yagami with Agumon, Yamato “Matt” Ishida with Gabumon, and Sora Takenouchi with Biyomon.Click on the image for the full resolution
The magazine also has another visual with information about the main Digi-Destined.
Here is a translation of the above visual from onkeikun on WiththeWill:
Yagami Hikari – 2nd year in middle school. She’s popular with the boys in her brother’s soccer club due to her cute charm. She loves ice cream. Her Digimon partner is Tailmon.
Takaishi Takeru – 2nd year in middle school. He appears to be popular with the girls in school. While he lives separately from his brother due to their parents’ circumstances, they get along very well. His Digimon partner is Patamon.
Ishida Yamato – 2nd year in high school. Even as a high school student, he continues to be in a band as bass and vocals, as he had in middle school. His Digimon partner is Gabumon.
Takenouchi Sora – 2nd year in high school. She acts as the “big sister” who organizes/settles the group of Chosen Children. She is classmates with Taichi. Her Digimon partner is Piyomon.
Yagami Taichi – 2nd year in high school. He is part of the soccer club in school and continues to fervently train for soccer every day, but lately has started to decide on his career path. His Digimon partner is Agumon.
Tachikawa Mimi – 1st year in high school. She has a cheerful, expressive personality. Currently she is living away from Japan, in America. Her Digimon partner is Palmon.
Kido Jou- 3rd year in high school. He attends prep school to prepare for university exams and is engrossed with studying daily but worries because he isn’t getting the grades that he wants. His Digimon partner is Gomamon.
Izumi Koushiro- 1st year in high school. He is skilled at computers and has both the ability to analyze and understand situations. Sometimes he gets so absorbed with what’s in front of him that he ignores everything else. His Digimon partner is Tentomon.
Here is the previously revealed visual:
The official website of the anime of the project has also revealed a new updated introduction to the upcoming anime. The anime will be set 6 years after the end of the original Digimon Adventure anime, and 3 years after Digimon Adventure 02 (before the epilogue). In regards to the events of Digimon Adventure 02, Davis from that anime may appear in Digimon Adventure tri.
Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6 episode theatrical series with the first episode, Saikai (Reunion), releasing in Japanese cinemas from November 21st this year.
Here is the first promotional video for the anime:
And the second PV:
The cast members of the 8 Digi-destined have also been revealed. The voice actors and actresses from the previous anime will not return and will instead include a new cast:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi “Tai” Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato “Matt” Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime and its sequel, Digimon Adventure 02, will be returning in Digimon Adventure tri. to voice their respective characters once again. They include:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. releasing in Japanese cinemas this November.
Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6 part anime film series with the first episode releasing in Japan on November 21st this year. The next issue of Animedia will release on September 10, revealing another visual.
Source Article – WiththeWill
“Digimon Adventure tri.”, “Digimon”, “Digimon Adventure”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation