At the recent Niconico livestream for Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, the main voice actresses of the anime delivered the 8th Hero Club Live Activity Report where they revealed that the series will be new receiving new projects. At the moment no anime series has been revealed yet, but a few secret projects were planned.
It has been 6 months since the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru anime finished airing. The live stream presented the 8th annual report of the Hero Club, where a very special announcement to fans was made. The report itself is from a series of radio shows hosted by the main three characters of the anime. Fans of the series are able to send in emails to the program with feedback and suggestions about the series, which are then collected in a report.
- Haruka Terui (Kobeni Yonomori in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) the voice of Yuuna Yuuki
- Yumi Uchiyama (Youko Inokuma from Kiniro Mosaic) who voices Fuu Inubouzaki
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) who voiced Itsuki Inubouzaki
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda from Love Live! School Idol Project) the voice of Mimori Tougou
- Juri Nagatsuma (Satone Shichimiya in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren) who voices Karin Miyoshi
The cast has revealed at the report that Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru will now advance to the next stage with a new project. The new project itself is titled the Hero Club Five Tenets and will have a total of 5 new material planned. So far, only two have been revealed (thanks to ckwng for the translation):
- A set of new character songs for the anime
- A new novel published in the forthcoming issue of Dengeki G’s magazine, titled Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru. It will be a prequel to the epilogue novel, Sonoko After, and will feature a new set of characters and some of the first generation of Yuusha.
- The remaining three items have been “Censored” by Taisha and will be revealed at a later date
During the report lots of additional information about the future of the series were also revealed. Here are all the other announcements:
- A special DVD featuring the main cast of the anime in a Graduation Trip in Kagawa will be sold at Comiket 88 this August. The special will last 90 minutes, will cost ¥3,500 (~ $28.40 USD) and contains a special booklet.
- A special fan booklet that will go on sale from the 30th this month that will contain lots of fan art and information about the series. It includes interviews with the writer, Takahiro, and illustrator, BunBun, of the original light novels about the series and its future. It will also include the epilogue novel Sonoko After and a brand new sequel short novel, The Second Hero Record, set after Sonoko After. The sequel novel will tell a new and important story.
- Even though the new upcoming novel in Dengeki G’s will follow a new cast, the stories of the anime’s main characters will still continue.
In interview earlier this year, series director Seiji Kishi mentioned how support of the anime has been tremendous, with the sales and popularity of the series being surprisingly high – ranking 1st for the season, and that further support of the series can lead to the future development of the series. He mentions that there are currently plans for this, which also include pushing the story into new unexplored directions. This is also somewhat evident with the first release of Sonoko After, straight after the anime’s completion, with fans earlier demanding a further conclusion to the series. Regardless, if there was more continued support of the series the second season of the anime will be made.
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru is an anime series that aired in the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season that is part of the greater Takahiro IV Project, which includes 4 projects produced and written by Takahiro. The first project was the Visual Novel Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu, the second was an anime adaptation of Takahiro’s Akame ga Kill! manga, the third project is a light novel series Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru. The anime itself is set after the events of Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru, which was published in Dengeki G’s magazine in 2014 for a total of one volume. The anime aired for a total of 12 episodes and was produced by Studio Gokumi (Kiniro Mosaic, A-Channel) and directed by Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!). There is also a web manga adaptation of the series illustrated by kotamaru.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The story takes place in the era of the gods, year 300. Yuuna Yuuki lives an ordinary life as a second year middle school student, but she’s also a member of the “Hero Club,” where club activities involve dealing with a mysterious being called “Vertex.”
The new Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru project has begun. So far, only two new projects have been revealed so far, a new series of character songs and a new novel series Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru beginning in August. No new anime has been announced so far, but three more media have yet to be revealed.
Source Article – Reddit Anime
“Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha De Aru”, “Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Takahiro, Studio Gokumi and Project 2H