Japanese online manga retailer Manga-Oh has revealed that the upcoming 10th volume of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga will have a special edition bundled with an OVA. The volume itself will be released in Japan on December 4 this year.
The anime will debut on TV Tokyo from Monday, October 5th at 1:05am JST. The anime will also air on: TV Osaka on the 6th at 1:05am JST, on TVQ Kyushu on the 6th at 2:00am JST, and on KBS on the midnight of the 6th/7th.
The main cast of the upcoming anime includes:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
The anime’s website has revealed many of the supporting cast of the One Punch-Man anime:
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) voices License-less Rider
- Saori Hayami (Miyuki Shiba in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) will voice Hellish Blizzard
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) as the Handsome Kamen Amai Mask
- Masaya Onosaka (Takeshi Momoshiro in Prince of Tennis) joins the cast to voice Puri Puri Prisoner
- Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail) as Metal Bat
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Luxus Dreher in Fairy Tail) will be voicing Tanktop Master
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) voices Flashy Flash
- Yuji Ueda (Takeshi/Brock in Pokemon) is voicing Watchdog Man
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) voicing as Superalloy Blackluster
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) will voice Pig God
- Youji Ueda (Pazu from Ghost in the Shell Arise) will play the role of Drive Knight
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will join the cast as Zombieman
- Tessyo Genda (Kyuubi from Naruto) as Metal Knight
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is voicing King
- Minami Takayama (Conan Edogawa in Detective Conan) voices Child Emperor
- Kenjirou Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) will play the role of Atomic Samurai
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jouji Saiga from Psycho-Pass) as Silver Fang
The anime’s staff has:
- Director: Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)
- Scriptwriter: Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger & Bunny, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary)
- Anime Character Designer: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children)
The Opening theme song of the anime is THE HERO !! ~Okoreru Kobushi ni Hi wo Tsukero~ by JAM Project and the Ending theme will be Hoshi yori Saki ni Mitsukete Ageru from Hiroko Moriguchi.
Here is the latest promotional video for the anime:
And the latest commercial:
One Punch-Man is an action, comedy manga written by ONE and illustrated by Yuusuke Murata. The series began in 2009 as a free online web comic written by ONE, before being picked up by Shueisha and being featured in their Young Jump magazine publication in mid 2012, with Murata illustrating. To date, a total of 9 compiled volumes have been released with the latest volume releasing on August 4th. The series has become a phenomenon in Japan, selling over 4.5 million copies as of November last year, doubling its sales in one year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!
The One Punch-Man anime will start its official broadcast on Monday, October 5th on TV Tokyo at 1:05am JST, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. There will be an OVA of the series that will be bundled with the manga’s 10th volume, releasing on December 4th.