The official website of the anime adaptation of Kohske’s Gangsta. manga has revealed that the series’ production committee has postponed all the remaining Blu-ray and DVD volumes of the anime Indefinitely. This follows as the animation studio behind the anime, Manglobe (The World God Only Knows, Deadman Wonderland), filing for bankruptcy earlier this month.
The anime’s production committee have postponed all future Blu-ray and DVDs of Gangsta. The first volume earlier released on September 25th and the second volume will still release on October 28. Volumes 3-6 have been delayed until further notice. The third volume, containing episodes 5 and 6, was scheduled to release on November 26.
The committee itself consists of various Japanese companies and producers, which control the handling of the anime. The postponement of the anime was due to the anime’s studio Manglobe filing for bankruptcy. The studio has been insolvent, unable to pay its debts, for a length of time. The studio’s management have been investigating ways to settle the debts, but were in a state where they were unable to continue producing anime in recent months. Their upcoming project, the Gyakusatsu Kikan anime film, has also been delayed.
The main cast of the anime was includes:
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer in Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works) voices Worick Arcangelo
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) as Nicholas Brown
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voicing the role of Nina
- Tetsuo Kaneo (Bui from Yu Yu Hakusho) will voice Chad Adkins
- Mamiko Noto (Kotomi Ichinose in Clannad) will voice the role of Alex Benedetto
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) voicing as Cody Balfour
- Satoshi Mikami (Kumado Minai in Mushishi Zoku Shou) as Dr. Theo
- Yoshiko Sakakibara (Haman Karn from Mobile Suit Gundam) voicing as Gina Paulklee
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko from K) will voice Ginger
- Tomohisa Hashizume (Bertolt Hoover in Attack on Titan) is playing the role of Delico
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) as Yang
- Takuya Kirimoto (Agon Kongo from Eyeshield 21) will voice Ivan Grazef
- Tsuyoshi Koyama (Galileo in Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon) voices Miles Mayer
- Katsuhisa Houki (Bartley Asprius in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) voices the role of Daniel Monroe
New members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed and in total includes:
- Director: Shukou Murase (Ergo Proxy, Mobile Suit Gundam Evolve)
- Series Director: Koichi Hatsumi (Deadman Wonderland, Berserk: Ougon Jidaihen I – Haou no Tamago)
- Series Composer: Shinichi Inotsume (Hayate no Gotoku!, Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited – Hyoubu Kyousuke)
- Anime Character Designer: Youichi Ueda (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Manga, Asobi ni Ikuyo! Director)
- Art Designer: Masahiro Kubota (Howl’s Moving Castle and Kakumeiki Valvrave Background Artist)
- Art Director: Masatoshi Kai (Ao no Exorcist, Kakumeiki Valvrave)
- Colour Designer: Yuuko Saitou (Deadman Wonderland, Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna)
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Love Live! School idol project, Ao Haru Ride)
- Music Composer: Tsutchie (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)
- Animation Studio: Manglobe (Samurai Champloo, The World God Only Knows)
Here is the latest promotional video:
Gangsta. is a manga series written and illustrated by Kohske. It began serialization in 2010 in Shinchosha’s Comic @ Bunch magazine where to date a total of 6 compiled volumes have been released. It is Kohske’s first series, after publishing two short stories. Her second manga series, DOODLE, began publication last year. The site itself has revealed that a total of 2 drama CDs that have been produced and are currently available for ¥3,000 (~ $30.00 USD), with a third and final CD releasing on December 24th last year. A 12 episode anime adaptation of the series was produced during the Summer 2015 anime season by the now bankrupt Manglobe (The World God Only Knows, Deadman Wonderland).
Synopsis from MAL:
In the town of Ergastulum, there exists a feared group of people with increased speed and strength called Twilights. The town is ruled by four gangs: Paulklee, Corsica, Monroe, and Cristiano. Worick Arcangelo and Nicolas Brown make a living here as independent jacks-of-all-trades and find themselves caught in the middle of more than a little trouble.
The second Blu-ray and DVD volume of Gangsta. will release on October 28. The remaining volumes have been postponed until further notice. Details about their release dates will be revealed at a later date.
“Gangsta,”, images, video and all associated brands and titles 2015 © Kohske, Shinchosha, Manglobe and the Gangsta. Committee