The official website of Infinite, an anime merchandise producer, previewed the 4th and final Daikimakura (hug pillow) cover for P.A. Works’ Fall/Autumn 2014 original anime Shirobako, the cover of Key Designer Ema Yasuhara.
The dakimakura cover of Ema Yasuhara will be the final cover for Shirobako. It will be releasing towards the end of May this year costing ¥12,960 (~ $108.00 USD), which comes at a size of 160cm x 50cm. The daki covers will be very limited with only 100 copies being produced and sold. Pre-orders are now open.
Here is the front of Ema’s Daki:
And the back:
The four Shirobako dakimakura characters are Aoi Miyamori, Erika Yano, Rinko Ogasawara and Ema Yasuhara. Only 100 covers of each character will be produced. The site has already revealed all the covers of the remaining characters:
Here is the front of Rinko’s daki:
And the back:
Here is the front of Aoi’s cover:
The front of Erika’s cover:
And the back:
The main cast of the Shirobako anime includes:
- Juri Kimura (First major role) will voice Aoi Miyamori, the production manager of Musashino Animation
- Haruka Yoshimura (Kouko Kaminaga in Akuma no Riddle) voices Emma Yasuhara, the lead animator at Musashino Animation
- Asami Takano (First major role) voicing Misa Todou, the 3D CGI director at the studio
- Hitomi Ohwada (First major role) as Midori Imai, Musashino Animation’s lead writer
- Haruka Chisuga (Tsugumi Harudori in Soul Eater Not!) as Shizuka Sakaki, a voice actress working with Musashino Animation
The production staff of Shirobako consisted of:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, RDG: Red Data Girl)
- Original Character Designer: Ponkan 8 (Original Artist of Oregairu)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanami Sekiguchi (Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
Shirobako is an original series about creating anime. Specifically, it features a small group of cute girls aiming to tackle on one of Japan’s largest industries. The 5 girls work at Musashino Animation and each have a different and important role in the production of anime. The anime is a collaboration between P.A. Works with Girls und Panzer and Another director Tsutomu Mizushima. The anime began in October last year during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season and is a 2 cour series ending in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season after a total of 24 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Five girls chase their dreams. The story revolves around the everyday troubles and hardships that occur when working in the anime industry, and the results and conflicts that happen day-to-day among the group of girls.
All four dakimakura covers will be released in Japan this May. Orders open from April 30th and only 100 copies will be sold for each of the characters, at ¥12,960 (~ $108.00 USD) each.
For more infomation visit: http://www.infinitedayo.jp/shop/shirobako_pillowcases01.html
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://shirobako-anime.com/
And follow their Twitter here: @shirobako_anime
Source Article and Images – Infinite Anime Store
“Shirobako”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 P.A. Works, Tsutomu Mizushima, Ponkan 8 and Shirobako Production Committee