Whilst the PlayStation 3 and Vita version have already been released, Bandai Namco Games Japan have released the promotional video for the PlayStation 4 release of Sword Art Online: Lost Song, the third in the series based on Reki Kawahara’s Sword Art Online. The new video shows off the various gameplay mechanics of the game and the changes and upgrades of the PS4 release. The game itself will be set in the new Alfheim Online after a merge with Sword Art Online and will feature a new original story. Following the merging of both games, a new mysterious floating continent has appeared, Svart ALfheim. The game will be the first in the series to let you play multiple characters, where previous iterations only letting you play as series protagonist Kirito.
Sword Art Online: Lost Song will release in Japan for the PlayStation 4 on November 19th this year. The game will release Internationally this Fall/Autumn.
Here is the second promotional video with English subtitles that explains many of the games’ new mechanics:
A total of 5 playable characters have been revealed so far and they include:
- Kirito, the main character and a Spriggan who equips a one handed sword and can dual wield
- Leafa, a Sylph who uses a one handed sword and has high agility
- Asuna, a female Undine and can equip rapiers and wands
- Silica, a Cait Sith who uses support magic and daggers
- Lisbeth, a Leprechaun blacksmith that can use a mace
And here is a selection of the game’s screenshots:
Here is the main visual for the game: