Japanese publisher Kadokawa has revealed that the recently announced OVA of the upcoming anime adaptation of Nagaru Tanigawa and Puyo’s The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan (The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-Chan) manga will be bundled with the 9th volume of the manga, which will be releasing on October 29.
The OVA will be bundled with the limited edition release of the 9th volume of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan releasing on Monday the 29th of October. It will come on a Blu-ray disc and contain 25 minutes of new footage. The bundle itself will cost ¥4,536 (~ $38.05 USD) and pre-orders for the bundle will open from August 16th here: http://store.kadokawa.co.jp/preorder/888800000059/
The official website of the anime has earlier revealed the details and covers about the first upcoming Blu-ray and DVD release of the anime. The first volume will release on June 26th with the Blu-ray costing ¥6,980 (~ $60 USD) and the DVD costing ¥5,980 (~ $50 USD), and both releases will contain:
- The first two episodes of the anime
- A three way case with an illustrated drawn by series illustrator Puyo
- A special soundtrack with a summarised edition of the radio show and a new original audio drama
- A special digital jacket
- An 8 page booklet
- A special postcard
- Videos of the anime’s Commercials, promotional videos, the OP, ED and a special greeting from the advanced screening (on the 22nd)
- Audio Commentary from the staff and cast
Here is the BD cover:
And the DVD cover:
The main character designs were earlier revealed for the main cast, which includes the voice actors and actresses from the original The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya returning to reprise their roles. The anime’s website has also revealed the first gag sheets of the anime’s main characters.
- Minori Chihara (Chiaki Minami from Minami-ke) will reprise her role as Yuki Nagato
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be back as Kyon
- Natsuko Kuwatani (Yue Ayase from Mahou Sensei Negima!) as Ryouko Asakura
- Yuki Matsuoka (Orihime Inoue from Bleach) will be back as Tsuruya
- Yuko Goto (Hiro from Hidamari Sketch) voicing as Mikuru Asahina
- Aya Hirano (Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail) returns to voice Haruhi Suzumiya
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) will voice Itsuki Koizumi
- Minoru Shiraishi (Minoru Shiraishi [Himeself] from Lucky☆Star) returns as Taniguchi
- Megumi Matsumoto (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Kunikida
The main staff includes:
- Director: Jun’ichi Wada (Gosick and Fairy Tail Episode Director)
- Series Planner: Takeshi Yasuda (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky☆Star)
- Series Composer: Touko Machida (Lucky☆Star, Wake Up, Girls!)
- Anime Character Designer: Ikuko Ito (Asatte no Houkou, Sailor Moon SuperS)
- Art Director: Kenichi Tajiri (Daily Lives of High School Boys, Working!!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (K-ON!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Medaka Box, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya)
- Animation Studio: Satelight (Log Horizon, White Album 2)
The Opening theme of the anime was earlier revealed and will be the song Fure Fure Mirai, performed by the North High School Literature Club Girls. The group itself consists of the main female cast members of the upcoming series, which has Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato), Aya Hirano (Haruhi Suzumiya), Natsuko Kuwatani (Ryoko Asakura), Yuko Goto (Mikuru Asahina), and Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya).
Here is the first promotional video for the anime that previews the OP:
And here is the first CM:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a light novel series written by Nagaru Tanigawa and illustrated by Noizi Ito. The novels began in 2003 and were originally published as short stories in Kadokawa Shoten’s The Sneaker magazine. Since then the short stories have been compiled into 11 light novel volumes, with the latest releasing in May 2011 (which was translated in November 2013). The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-Chan) is a spin-off manga in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya franchise, where it stars the eponymous character Yuki Nagato. The series takes place in the alternate universe established in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. The series is drawn by Puyo with the story by Tanigawa himself, which started in February 2010 in Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine. To date, the series has a total of 7 volumes released. The anime adaptation of the spin-off manga was made late last year. Anime store Docomo was revealed to be streaming the upcoming series, as well as the two other spin-off shows in the Haruhi franchise.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
Yuki Nagato, the shy president of the literature club, has never been very sure of herself around other people. But around Kyon, the only boy in the tiny, three-person club, Yuki finds herself faltering even more than usual. For Kyon, and for her precious club, Yuki must find her confidence and let her true personality shine! Enjoy taking a fresh look at your favorite characters in this brand-new story set in the world of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!
The OVA of the anime adaptation of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan will release on October 26 with the 9th volume of the manga. The TV anime itself will be airing from April 4th on Tokyo MX and AT-X during the Spring 2015 anime season for a total of 16 episodes. More information about the anime will be revealed at AnimeJapan, and at the event for the pre-screening of the anime’s first episode.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan”, “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Nagaru Tanigawa, Noizi Ito and Puyo, Satelight, and the North High Arts Club