The first commercial has been revealed for the upcoming Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto OVA, which will adapt the third chapter in the Tokyo Ghoul: Hibi novel written by Shin Towada. The new video briefly showcases some of the scenes in the OVA. The special is a spin-off prequel to Sui Ishida’s Tokyo Ghoul and will follow the story of how Shuu Tsukiyama and Chie Hori met each other.
The Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto OVA will be out in Japan on Christmas, December 25th.
Here is the PV for the OVA:
A brand new visual was also revealed for Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto:
The first members of the anime’s cast and character designs were shown:
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) will return to voice Shuu Tsukiyama
- Chie Hori, whose voice actresses will be revealed soon
The first members for the OVA’s production staff were unveiled and are as follows:
- Director: Tadahito Matsubayashi (Tokyo Ghoul √A and Bleach Episode Director)
- Scriptwriter: Souichi Shimada (Tokyo Ghoul: JACK Director)
- Anime Character Designers: Manabu Kurihara (Bleach Animation Director), Kazuhiro Miwa (Tokyo Ghoul)
- Animation Director: Katsuya Yamada (Redline, Final Fantasy VII: Last Order)
- Sound Director: Yutaka Yamada (Tokyo Ghoul Music Composer)
- Music Composer: Noboru Haraguchi (Tokyo Ghoul and Shinryaku!! Ika Musume Sound Director)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto)
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious “ghouls” who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.