The most recent issue of Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine has revealed that the third season of the anime adaptation of Karino Takatsu’s Working!! (Wagnaria!!) manga will premiere from July 5th at 12:30am JST. In addition, the first details about an upcoming event and the updated character designs were also revealed.
The third season, Working!!!, will start its TV broadcast on July 5th at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX, alongside Tochigi TV and Gunma TV. The anime will then air at 1:50am JST on TV Aichi, before being broadcasted on Yomiuri TV on the 7th at 1:59am JST, on Sapporo TV the following day at 2:04am JST, and finally on BS11 on the 12th at 12:30 am JST.
A brand new event has been announced for the anime that will be held on June 7th, in conjunction with a pre-screening event of the first episode. There will be a small Summer Thanksgiving event held at 1pm JST where fans can purchase various products drawn by character designer and Chief Animation Director Shingo Adachi.
Following that event is a pre-screening of the first episode that will be held at 4pm JST at the Shinagawa Intercity Hall. The main cast of the anime will be in attendance where they will be hosting a Q&A session with fans at the event.
The main cast for Working!!! was earlier revealed and includes the return of the main cast:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) returning to voice Souta Takanashi
- Kana Asumi (Yuno from Hidamari Sketch) will reprise her role as Popura Taneshima
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) will be back to voice Mahiru Inami
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) will voice Yachiyo Todoroki
- Kumiko Watanabe (Keroro from Keroro Gunsou) as Kyouko Shirafuji
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) voicing as Jun Satou
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi in Attack on Titan) will be back as Hiroomi Souma
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) will voice Aoi Yamada
The staff were also revealed, which includes a director change whilst the remainder of the staff returns from the previous seasons:
- Director: Yumi Kamakura (Working!! and Inazuma Eleven Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Watamote)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Shingo Adachi (Sword Art Online, Galilei Donna)
- Music Composer: MONACA (Hanayamata The Animation, Oregairu Zoku)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, The [email protected])
Working!! (Wagnaria!!) is a 4koma manga written and illustrated by Karino Takatsu. The series began serialization in 2005 in Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine and ended on December 25th last year being compiled into 13 volumes. The series received an anime adaptation in 2010 from A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail) that is directed by Yoshimasa Hiraike (AKB0048, Gugure! Kokkuri-san). The anime’s second season, Working’!!, was produced in 2011 by the same studio, but was directed by Atsushi Ootsuki (To LOVE-Ru, Ladies versus Butlers!). A third season of the anime was announced late last year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in a family restaurant in Hokkaido, the northern prefecture of Japan, 16-year-old high school student Souta Takanashi works part-time along with his strange co-workers: Popura Taneshima, a high school girl who’s a year older than Souta, yet easily mistaken for an elementary/middle schooler, and Kyoko Shirafuji, the 28-year-old store manager who doesn’t bother to do any work at all.
Working!!! will be airing from July 5th at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX, during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
Source Article and Images – Working!! Anime Website
“Working!!!”, “Working!!”, “Wagnaria!!”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Karino Takatsu, Square Enix, A-1 Pictures and Working!! Production Committee