Accel World: Infinite∞Burst, the new movie based on Reki Kawahara and HiMA’s Accel World light novel series, has just been released in theatres across Japan. The newest entry in the series contains a new original story, well that was what it was suppose to be.
Following the first screening of the film on July 23rd, numerous fans of the anime took to Twitter revealing that the film contains approximately 40 minutes of footage from the 2012 TV anime. That is about half of the film being a recap and the remaining 40 minutes being new footage; it is comparable to an OVA.
Furthermore fans even argued that the recap was negligible, as moviegoers who weren’t caught up to date in the light novels were still confused.
The main cast of the anime series returns in the anime film:
- Sachika Misawa (Arisa Meigo from Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki) returns to voice Kuroyukihime
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Haruyuki Arita
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) voicing as Chiyuri Kurashima
- Shintaro Asanuma (Takatoshi Tsuda in Seitokai Yakuindomo) will voice Takumu Mayuzumi
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) joins the cast to voice new character Risa Tsukiori
The main staff consists of:
- Director: Masakazu Obara (Sora Kake Girl, Mai-HiME)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Yukiko Aikei (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon)
- Duel Avatar Designer and Action Director: Yousuke Kabashima (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny and Madan no Ou to Vanadis Animation Director)
- Animation Production: Sunrise (Love Live! School Idol Project, Code Geass)
Here is the film’s latest trailer:
Accel World is a light novel series written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by HiMA. The series began serialization in ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Bunko Magazine in 2008 and to date has a total of 19 compiled volumes. Two manga adaptations were released in 2010, one of which is a 4koma manga, with a spin-off manga releasing in 2012. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in 2012 by Sunrise (Love Live! School Idol Project, Gintama) and directed by Masakazu Obara (Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome), which aired for a total of 24 episodes. Two video game adaptations were also produced for the Sony PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable. At a panel in 2014, Kawahara mentioned that a second season of the anime is unlikely due to Sunrise’s busy schedule following the popularity of Love Live! School Idol Project.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.
The Accel World -Infinite Burst- anime movie is currently out now in 24 cinemas across Japan, including Tokyo’s Shinjuku Piccadilly.
Source Article - Crunchyroll
"Accel World -Infinite Burst-", "Accel World", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Reki Kawahara, HiMA, ASCII Media Works, Sunrise and AW Project