The first promotional video has been released for the third chapter in the Digimon Adventure tri. anime, Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 3: Kokuhaku (Confession). The new video follows up on the aftermath of the previous chapter and briefly features scenes from the upcoming chapter.
The third chapter will release in Japanese theatres on September 24th. The Blu-ray of the film will be out on November 2nd.
Here is the main visual for Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 3: Kokuhaku:
Here is the synopsis of the third chapter:
In a shocking turn of events, Meikuumon terminates Leomon, and vanishes into the distorted abyss. Shaken, Taichi and the others can’t hide their unease. “If Meikuumon has been infected, I want to know what caused it. Was there some kind of sign? When did he get infected in the first place?” Kōshirō agonizes about whether there is some kind of countermeasure they can take in this unimaginably grim situation.
However, when he can’t find anything useful, he goes to Meiko to try and gain more information. “Please try and remember. We need information in order to discover the reason behind the infection.” Having lost all emotion, Meiko is unable to answer. Kōshirō quarrantines Agumon and the other Digimon in the office so that the infection can’t spread any further, but Patamon starts to show signs of the illness…
Agumon and the others use Hikari’s voice to tell the team about an important secret concerning the Digital World.
“The time… is coming…”
During the rematch with Meikūmon who will appear once again, that “time” will arrive. Taichi and the others’ hearts ache when the secret is revealed to them. Despite their entangled feelings, they make a decision…
“If we wait around for ‘someday,’ we’ll become adults before you know it.”
Now, the adventure evolves again…
The Digimon Adventure tri. series will be comprised of a total of 6 films, each film containing 4 episodes. The first film was composed of episodes 1-4 and released in Japanese theatres on December 18. The third chapter will be titled Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 3: Kokuhaku (Confession) and will release in Summer 2016.
The cast of the anime includes:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime and its sequel, Digimon Adventure 02, will be returning in Digimon Adventure tri. to voice their respective characters once again.
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Here is the synopsis of chapter 2:
In the wake of the events of Digimon Adventure tri: Reunion, the DigiDestined inaugurate their newest members, Meiko Mochizuki and Meicoomon, with a trip to a nearby hot spring. Meanwhile, Joe is becoming more distant, struggling to balance his duty as a DigiDestined and the competitive world of academics. As the damage caused by Alphamon is slowly repaired, another infected Digimon, Ogremon, suddenly appears, and although they only have good intentions, the decisions the DigiDestined make now will have unforeseen consequences…