The first promotional video has been released for the upcoming anime adaptation of Akira Amano’s ēlDLIVE manga has been revealed. The new video briefly showcases the visuals and action scenes from the series, and also previews the main characters and their designs.
The ēlDLIVE TV anime will be airing in January 2017, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. The series will be animated by Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto).
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Ayumu Murase (Shouyou Hinata from Haikyuu!!) leading the cast as Chuuta Kokonose
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Misuzu Sonokata
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voiding as Drew
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana in Free!) will voice Laine Blick
- Daiki Kobayashi (Nico from Nanbaka) joins the cast as Chips
Here is the manga’s promotional video:
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Chuuta Kokonose is an orphan who lives with his aunt. For as long as he can remember he’s had a voice in his head, but other than that he’s a normal boy—right until the day when a strangely-looking thing follows him home and teleports him to a place filled with more fantastic creatures. It’s a space police station, and Rein Brickke, the Chief of Solar System Department, tells him that he’s been chosen by the computer as a possible candidate to join the police force, although Misuzu Sonokata, a girl from Chuuta’s school with an angelic face and ill temper who turns out to be one of Rein Brickke’s subordinates, doesn’t think him suitable for such a job. Chuuta, who was shocked at first, decides to take aptitude test after being urged by the voice in his head and to prove Misuzu wrong.