The official website of the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Cygames’ Granblue Fantasy smartphone game has revealed that the anime will be delayed until the Spring 2017 anime season. A new promotional video was released confirming the announcement.
Granblue Fantasy: The Animation was initially slated to air this upcoming Winter 2016/2017 anime season in January, but the delay will push it back to April. To ease the long wait, there will be a special episode titled Zankutinzeru-Hen that will air on January 21st. The hour long special will air on Tokyo MX at 7:00pm JST.
Here is the anime’s second promotional video that also confirms the delay:
And here is the first PV:
The first members of the anime’s cast were revealed and includes:
- Yuuki Ono (Taiga Kagami in Kuroko’s Basketball) will lead the cast as Gran
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) voicing as Lyria
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!) as Catalina Alize
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voices Vyrn
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) will voice Jeeta
A couple other characters were revealed without their cast members:
- Io Euclase
The production staff of Granblue Fantasy: The Animation consists of:
- Director: Yuuki Itoh (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid)
- Co-Director: Ayako Kurata (Black Blood Brothers and Area 88 Chief Animation Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Toshifumi Akai (Kokoro Connect, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
- Art Director: Masatoshi Kai (Blue Exorcist, Kakumeiki Valvrave)
- Music Composers: Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy I – Final Fantasy XI, Granblue Fantasy) and Tsutomu Narita (Final Fantasy XIV, Granblue Fantasy)
- Animation Studio: A1-Pictures (Sword Art Online, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
The main theme song of the anime will be performed by the band Bump of Chicken.
Granblue Fantasy is a mobile RPG developed by Cygames and published by Mobage for Android and iOS devices. The game released in Japan in March 2014 and garnered much attention with Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy I – Final Fantasy XI) composing the game’s music. The game is very popular in Japan and has been downloaded over 10 million times within its year of release. It was previously announced at TGS 2015 that the game would see an international release, but so far the game is only avaliable in Japan. The series received a light novel adaptation in 2014 from the game’s writers and a manga adaptation by Makoto Fuugetsu and Kendi Oiwa (Welcome to the N.H.K.) that started publication this April. The game is also being adapted into an Action RPG by PlatinumGames (Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) for 2018.
There is currently no synopsis of the series.
A Granblue Fantasy TV anime adaptation, titled Granblue Fantasy: The Animation, is currently in production and will air in April 2017, throughout the Spring 2017 anime season. An hour long special will be aired on Tokyo MX on January 21st.
Source Article - Anime News Network
"Granblue Fantasy", "Granblue Fantasy: The Animation", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Cygames, Mobage, A-1 Pictures and the Granblue Fantasy Production Committee