2016 will mark the 10th anniversary of Kyoto Animation’s (K-ON!, Clannad) anime adaptation of Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito’s The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) light novel series. To celebrate, music producer Lantis has announced that a full soundtrack is on the way, among other things.
A brand new video has been released for the 10th anniversary project featuring the main cast of the anime as the SOS Brigade. The cast of the anime discuss about their debut on Youtube and that they have planned lots of new things for 2016.
Lantis will be releasing The Complete Soundtrack of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Kansou) on July 7th that will contain the full OST of the anime’s first (2006) and second (2009) seasons. The soundtrack will retail for ¥4,900 ($46.05). Various stores will be offering pre-order bonuses:
- Gamers: B2 poster of Haruhi
- Chara-ani: A 75mm figure or badge of Kyon
- Sofmap: mini shitajiki board of Mikuru
- Tower Records: A4 clear file of Koizumi
- Animate: B5 artboard of Nagato
The main cast of the 2006 anime includes:
- Aya Hirano (Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail) voices Haruhi Suzumiya
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing as Kyon
- Minori Chihara (Chiaki Minami from Minami-ke) as Yuki Nagato
- Yuko Goto (Hiro from Hidamari Sketch) voicing as Mikuru Asahina
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) who voices Itsuki Koizumi
- Natsuko Kuwatani (Yue Ayase from Mahou Sensei Negima!) voiced Ryouko Asakura
- Yuki Matsuoka (Orihime Inoue from Bleach) was the voice of Tsuruya
- Minoru Shiraishi (Minoru Shiraishi [Himeself] from Lucky☆Star) as Taniguchi
- Megumi Matsumoto (Haruka Nanase in Free!) voicing as Kunikida
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a light novel series written by Nagaru Tanigawa and illustrated by Noizi Ito. The novels began in 2003 and were originally published as short stories in Kadokawa Shoten’s The Sneaker magazine. Since then the short stories have been compiled into 11 light novel volumes, with the latest releasing in May 2011 (which was translated in November 2013). The series was adapted into a TV anime in 2006 from Kyoto Animation (K-ON!, Clannad) and directed by Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Hibike! Euphonium). It was followed by a second season in 2009 and a film, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, in 2010. A spin-off manga titled The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-Chan) was produced since 2009 by Puyo and was adapted into a TV anime last year.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
Yuki Nagato, the shy president of the literature club, has never been very sure of herself around other people. But around Kyon, the only boy in the tiny, three-person club, Yuki finds herself faltering even more than usual. For Kyon, and for her precious club, Yuki must find her confidence and let her true personality shine! Enjoy taking a fresh look at your favorite characters in this brand-new story set in the world of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!
This year will be the 10th anniversary of the Haruhi anime. So far, a complete soundtrack has been announced with many more surprises teased. Do remember the last time something similar was announced, it did not end so well.
Visit the campaign website on Lantis: http://www.lantis.jp/haruhi_comp/
Source Article - Anime News Network
"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Nagaru Tanigawa, Noizi Ito, Kyoto Animation, and the North High Arts Club/SOS Brigade