The official website of the anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda and Nikki Asada’s Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium) novel series has revealed a brand new visual for the April recap anime film, Gekijouban Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku Bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium the Movie: Welcome to the Kitauji High School Concert Band).
Here is the film’s previous visual:
The movie based on the Spring 2015 anime will retell the events of the 13 episode series, depicting the band’s journey as they reach the prefectural band competition. It will release in Japanese theatres on April 23rd.
Here is the first trailer for the movie:
Advance tickets for the recap movie will beare available for order with an early bundle being sold at ¥1,500 (~ US$12.20) for adults and ¥900 (~ US$7.30) for children. The bundle will include a ticket for the movie and 4 special clear files with a Winter theme.
The anime’s main cast includes:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) will voice leading character Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou, a Tuba player
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka, a Trumpet player
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) will voice Asuka Tanaka, who plays the Euphonium
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki, the brass band club’s advisor
The main production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-ON!, Tamako Market)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Ikeda (K-ON! and Tokyo Ghoul Animator)
- Instrument Designer: Takahashi Hiroyuki (K-ON!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Music Composer: Akito Matsuda (GLASSLIP, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium) is a music novel series written by Ayano Takeda and illustrated by Nikki Asada. The series began in December 2013 being published by Takarajimasha. To date a total of 4 volumes have been published. A manga adaptation of the series was launched in November last year, by Ayano Takeda and Hami that is being published in Takarajimasha’s Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Web magazine. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2015 anime season by Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park) with Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) directing. The anime ran for a total of 13 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school’s brass band club as a first year. Kumiko’s classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.
The Hibike! Euphonium anime recap film, Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso, will release in Japanese theatres on April 23rd. Advance tickets go on sale from December 19. Additionally, a second season of the anime is in production. There will also be an OVA bundled with the anime’s 7th Blu-ray and DVD volume, releasing on December 16.
“Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso”, “Hibike! Euphonium”, “Sound! Euphonium”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Ayano Takeda, Takarajimasha, Kyoto Animation and the Hibike! Production Committee