Australian and New Zealand anime anime licensor Madman Entertainment have unveiled an English subtitled trailer for the upcoming theatrical release of Makoto Shinkai’s Kimi no Na wa. (your name.), which has earned ¥16.41 Billion (~ US$157.25 Million) and is currently the 4th highest grossing anime film in Japan of all time. The distributor will be releasing the hit film in various theatres around Australia and New Zealand. Visit http://yournamefilm.com.au/ for more information.
Kimi no Na wa. will be out in theatres across Australian and New Zealand on November 24. Funimation will also have a North American release before the end of the year. The film is set to release in 85 regions around the world.
Kimi no Na wa. is currently sitting at a gross of ¥16.41 Billion (~ US$157.25 Million) at the Japanese box office after 60 days and is still ranked #1 at the weekly box office. It has surpassed former 4th spot Ponyo, Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki’s 2008 animated film that ended its run at ¥15.5 Billion (~ US$148.54 Million).
The current top 5 highest grossing anime films in Japan are:
- Spirited Away
- Howl’s Moving Castle
- Princess Mononoke
- Kimi no Na wa.
The film is currently the highest grossing 2016 film in Japan and the 9th highest grossing film of all time in Japan, earning more than many HollyWood blockbusters including Avatar, Jurassic Park and reaching the ¥10 Billion (~ US$97.6 Million) milestone faster than Disney’s Frozen (28 days vs 37). Within the first 40 days, Kimi no Na wa. has sold over 10 million tickets.
The main cast includes:
- Ryunosuke Kamiki (Kenji Koiso from Summer Wars) will voice Taki Tachibana
- Mone Kamishiraishi (Kanade Ooe from Chihayafuru Live Action Films) is voicing as Mitsuha Miyamizu
- Masami Nagasawa (Umi Matsuzaki in From Up on Poppy Hill) voices Miki
- Etsuko Ichihara (Hilda from Taiyou no Ouji: Horus no Daibouken) as Mitsuha’s Grandmother
- Ryo Narita (First Major Anime Role) voicing the role of Katsuhiko Teshigawara
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voicing as Sayaka Natori
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Tsukasa Fujii
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing Shinta Takagi
- Kanon Tani (Debut Role) stars as Yotsuha Miyamizu
The production staff of the anime movie consists of:
- Director and Series Composer: Makoto Shinkai (5 Centimeters Per Second, The Garden of Words)
- Animation Director: Masashi Ando (Spirited Away, Paprika)
- Anime Character Designer: Masayoshi Tanaka (AnoHana, Toradora!)
- Music Composer: Sayoko Narukawa (Debut Production)
- Animation Studio: CoMix Wave Inc. (Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Hana to Alice Satsujin Jiken)
Kimi no Na wa. synopsis:
The story is set one month after a comet has fallen for the first time in a thousand years in Japan. Mitsuha is a female high school student who lives in a rural town nestled deep in the mountains. Her father is the mayor and isn’t at home much, and she lives with her elementary school-aged little sister and her grandmother. Mitsuha has an honest personality, but she doesn’t like the customs of her family’s Shinto shrine, nor does she like her father participating in an election campaign. She laments that she lives in a confined rural town, and yearns for the wonderful lifestyle of living in Tokyo.
Taki is a male high school student who lives in central Tokyo. He spends time with his friends, works part-time at an Italian restaurant, and is interested in architecture and fine arts. One day, Mitsuha has a dream where she is a young man. Taki also has a dream where he is a female high school student in a town in the mountains that he has never been to. What is the secret to their dreams of personal experience?