The first commercial has been released for the second film in of the anime adaptation of Nisio Isin and Vofan’s Kizumonogatari entry in the Monogatari light novel series, Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen. This short video briefly shows off the fight between Koyomi and Dramaturgie. There will be three anime films for Kizumonogatari. The first film will be titled Kizumonogatari I Tekketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari I: Blood and Iron) released on January 8. The second film will be titled Kizumonogatari II Nekketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari II: Passionate Blood) with the third and final movie being Kizumonogatari III Reiketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari III: Cold Blood).
There will be three films for the Kizumonogatari anime with the second film, Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen, releasing in Japan in Summer 2016.
Here is the main visual for the second film:
The main cast of the anime films include:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!) returns to voice Koyomi Araragi
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) voices Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade
- Yui Horie (Naru Narusegawa in Love Hina) as Tsubasa Hanekawa
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) is voicing Meme Oshino
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga from Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito ) will voice Episode
The character visuals have been revealed for the two new debuting characters:
The production staff of the Monogatari anime adaptations will also return to produce the movies:
- Chief Director: Akiyuki Simbo (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
- Director: Tatsuya Oishi (Bakemonogatari, MoonPhase Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designers: Akio Watanabe (Bakemonogatari, The World God Only Knows) and Hideyuki Morioka (D.Gray-man, Maria Holic)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Bakemonogatari, Free!)
- Music Composer: Satoru Kousaki (Bakemonogatari, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
Here is a synopsis of the first series:
Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who is almost human again after briefly becoming a vampire. One day, a classmate named Hitagi Senjōgahara, who infamously never talks to anyone, falls down the stairs into Koyomi’s arms. He discovers that Hitagi weighs next to nothing, in defiance of physics. Despite being threatened by her, Koyomi offers his help, and introduces her to Meme Oshino, a middle-aged homeless man who helped him stop being a vampire.