The second season of the anime will debut on October 2nd at 5:00pm JST on MBS and TBS, among other channels.
Here is the first promotional video for the anime:
The second season of the Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans anime was earlier teased when Amazon Japan referred to the OST of the anime as the first season. The anime first debuted in October last year in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season and ran for a total of 25 episodes.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Kengo Kawanishi (Tobirama Senju in Naruto) voices Mikazuki Augus
- Yuka Terasaki (Tenma Matsukaze from Inazuma Eleven Go) as Kudelia Aina Bernstein
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Sousuke Yamazaki from Free!) is voicing Olga Itsuka
- Natsuki Hanae (Shoutarou Torii in Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga.) will voice Biscuit Griffon
- Yuuichirou Umehara (En Yufuin in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!) voicing the role of Eugene Sevenstark
- Yasuaki Takumi (Tsukasa Mizugaki in Plastic Memories) as Akihiro Altland
- Taishi Murata Eiichirou Maruo in Baby Steps) voices Noruba Shino
The main staff includes:
- Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Toradora!)
- Series Composer: Mari Okada (Toradora!, AKB0048)
- Anime Character Designer: Michinori Chiba (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE)
- Mecha Designers: Naohiro Washio (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Kakumeiki Valvrave), Kanetake Ebikawa (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE), Ippei Gyoubu (Gundam Reconguista in G), Kenji Teraoka (Code Geass, Gundam Build Fighters), and Tamotsu Shonohara (Rean no Tsubasa)
- Art Designer: Kusanagi (Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito, High School of the Dead )
- Music Composer: Masaru Yokoyama (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo)
- Animation Studio: Sunrise (Mobile Suit Gundam, Love Live! School Idol Project)
Here is the last promotional video for the first season:
Gundam is one of Japan’s largest and most iconic franchise. The franchise is mostly set in a science fiction future that focuses on giant mechanical robots. The franchise was created by Hajime Yatate, a group of animators from the studio Sunrise, lead by Yoshiyuki Tomino. It began in 1979 with the release of the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam, though while the anime itself did not receive high praise and viewings, the eventual gunpla models from Bandai launched the series into popularity. Since then, there has been a plethora of anime series, OVAs, films, manga, light novels, games and merchandise based on the franchise. It has become an iconic symbol of Japanese pop culture where Bandai make over 50 billion yen per fiscal year on the models alone. The franchise hit its 35th anniversary on April 7th last year with the release of Gundam: The Origin.
Here is the synopsis of Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans:
The show is set 300 years after a great conflict between Earth and Mars known as the “Calamity War.” A woman named Cordelia sets out on a journey to Earth to speak for the independence of the Martian city of Chryse, which is under the control of the Earth government. Escorting her is the private security company CGS, which protagonists Mikazuki Augus and Orga Itsuka are members of. When a group named Gjallarhorn attacks CGS and Cordelia, Orga sees this as a chance to rebel against CGS and launch a coup. Mikazuki and Orga are thrust into a new conflict. To fend off Gjallarhorn, Mikazuki rides an old mobile suit from the Calamity War, powered by a nuclear reactor, the Gundam Barbatos; a mobile suit that steals weapons, armor, and parts from enemies to become stronger.
The second season of the Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans anime will return on October 2nd on MBS and TBS at 5:00pm JST during Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season. Further information about the second cour will be revealed soon.
“Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans”, “Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans”, “Gundam”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Sunrise and Bandai co., Ltd