Following the broadcast of the 11th and final episode of Natsume Yuujinchou Go (Natsume’s Book of Friends: Go), the 5th season anime adaptation of Yuki Midorikawa’s Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume’s Book of Friends) manga, it was announced that a 6th season of the anime has been greenlit for 2017.
Natsume Yuujinchou Go started airing from Tuesday, October 4th on: TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, TV Setouchi, TV Hokkaido, and TVQ Broadcasting Kyushu.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi in Bakemonogatari) voices Takashi Natsume
- Kazuhiko Inoue (Kakashi Hatake from Naruto) voiced the role of Madara
- Sanae Kobayashi (Lucy from Elfen Lied) as Reiko Natsume
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) playing the role of Shuuichi Natori
- Kazuma Horie (Seiji Yagiri in Durarara!!x2) voicing the role of Kaname Tanuma
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Tooru Taki
- Ryouhei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) voices Satoru Nishimura
- Hisayoshi Suganuma (Connor Kluff in Tegami Bachi) as Atsushi Kitamoto
The production staff of the anime includes:
- Chief Director:Takahiro Omori (Durarara!!, Natsume Yuujinchou)
- Director: Kotomi Deai (The Rolling☆Girls, Silver Spoon Season 2)
- Series Composer: Sadayuki Murai (Natsume Yuujinchou, Sidonia no Kishi)
- Anime Character Designer: Akira Takata (Natsume Yuujinchou, Haibane Renmei)
- Animation Studio: Shuka (Durarara!! ×2)
Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume’s Book of Friends) is a supernatural slice of life manga written and illustrated by Yuki Midorikawa. The series began in 2005 in Hakusensha’s LaLa magazine, where it is published bi-monthly. To date a total of 19 volumes have been published. The series received an anime adaptation in 2008 from studio Brain’s Base (Durarara!!, Spice and Wolf) directed by Takahiro Omori (Durarara!!, Baccano!). The series was followed by three additional seasons: Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou in 2009, Natsume Yuujinchou San in 2011 and Natsume Yuujinchou Shi in 2012.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
While most fifteen-year-old boys, in one way or another, harbor secrets that are related to girls, Takashi Natsume has a peculiar and terrifying secret involving youkai: for as long as he can remember, he has been constantly chased by these spirits. Natsume soon discovers that his deceased grandmother Reiko had passed on to him the Yuujinchou, or “Book of Friends,” which contains the names of the spirits whom she brought under her control. Now in Natsume’s possession, the book gives Reiko’s grandson this power as well, which is why these enraged beings now haunt him in hopes of somehow attaining their freedom.
Without parents and a loving home, and constantly being hunted by hostile, merciless youkai, Natsume is looking for solace—a place where he belongs. However, his only companion is a self-proclaimed bodyguard named Madara. Fondly referred to as Nyanko-sensei, Madara is a mysterious, pint-sized feline spirit who has his own reasons for sticking with the boy.
Based on the critically acclaimed manga by Yuki Midorikawa, Natsume Yuujinchou is an unconventional and supernatural slice-of-life series that follows Natsume as he, with his infamous protector Madara, endeavors to free the spirits bound by his grandmother’s contract.
A 6th season of the Natsume Yuujinchou anime has been announced and will air sometime in 2017. The anime’s 5th season, Natsume Yuujinchou Go, has finished its initial broadcast.
Source Article - Anime News Network
"Natsume Yuujinchou Go", "Natsume Yuujinchou", "Natsume's Book of Friends", images, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Yuki Midorikawa, Brain's Base and the Natsume Yuujinchou Production Committee