At the recent K-Do you know K? event at the Pacifico Yokohama, in Yokohama, Kanagawa, the event’s staff revealed that a brand new K anime project is currently in production. In addition, a stage play and a dance project were also revealed.
A brand new anime titled K Seven Stories has been announced. The first visual has also been revealed (above). The first staff members of the upcoming anime were also revealed:
- Director and Anime Character Designer: Shingo Suzuki (K, Coppelion)
- Animation Studio: GoHands (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
The announced stage play will be titled K-Lost Small World- and will be based on the 2014 K spin-off novel by Yukako Kabei. The play will be held at the AiiA 2.5 Theatre in Tokyo from July 22nd till July 24th, and will then be performed at the Kyoto Gekijou theater on July 30th and July 31st.
The event was also saw the debut of the series’ dance project, known as ChaLive (Character Live), that stars ONDY as Yashiro Isana, Keito Okuyama as Misaki Yata, and yuto as Saruhiko Fushimi. The K ChaLive will also be performed on June 10th on the 7th floor of the Animate store in Ikebukuro.
The main cast of the previous anime instalments includes:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) will return to voice Yashiro Isana
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) returns as Kuroh Yatogami
- Mikako Komatsu (Saika Totsuka from Oregairu) voices Neko
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) is back as Mikoto Suoh
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be voicing Reisi Munakata
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will voice the Green King Nagare Hisui
- Shouzou Iizuka (Genji Kamogawa in Hajime no Ippo: Rising) returns as Daikaku Kokujōji
K, also known as K Project, is an original television anime series by the studio GoHands (Seitokai Yakuindomo, Coppelion). The series launched in October 2012 and was helmed by director Shingo Suzuki (Coppelion). The series received modest reception for its plot, but it was praised for the fluidity of the visuals and art. The creator of the series, GoRa (who also helped with the series’ composition), also wrote the story of the many adaptations of K. To date, the series has two prequel mangas, a side story manga, two light novels and a PlayStation Vita game. A sequel film to the anime series, titled K Missing Kings, was also produced and released in July 2013. The series received a second TV anime season titled K: Return of Kings.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we’re familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings.
Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.
A brand new K anime project, titled K Seven Stories, is currently in production. Further information about the anime, including its format, will be revealed soon.
Source Article - Anime News Network
"K Seven Stories", "K", "K Project", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 GoHands, GoRa and K Project Production Committee