There will be two Shirobako Premium Blu-Ray volumes, each containing one cour of the anime (12 episodes each) and an Sepcial on 3 Blu-ray Discs. Volume 1 will release on November 23rd with episodes 1-12 and will retail for ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00).
The first volume will contain 3 Blu-ray discs and 3 CDs. The Blu-rays will contain the first 12 episodes of the anime, whilst the fist CD will contain part of the OST, the second CD will have a collection of voicemail messages, and the third CD having the Ending theme song of the Exodus special.
The first volume will also contain:
- The first episode of the Exodus special, which has its own Opening and Ending theme songs
- Storyboards of the first episode
- A set of illustration cards from original character designer Ponkan 8
- A special digipack illustrated by anime character designer Kanami Sekiguchi
- A 156 page booklet
- Uncredited Opening and Ending theme sequences
- New audio commentary
- First 4 episodes of the web show that interviews the cast and staff
Volume 2 will release on December 21st with episodes 13-24 and will also retail for ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00). It will also contain similar bonus footage and items.
The main cast of the Shirobako anime includes:
- Juri Kimura (First major role) will voice Aoi Miyamori, the production manager of Musashino Animation
- Haruka Yoshimura (Kouko Kaminaga in Akuma no Riddle) voices Emma Yasuhara, the lead animator at Musashino Animation
- Asami Takano (First major role) voicing Misa Todou, the 3D CGI director at the studio
- Hitomi Ohwada (First major role) as Midori Imai, Musashino Animation’s lead writer
- Haruka Chisuga (Tsugumi Harudori in Soul Eater Not!) as Shizuka Sakaki, a voice actress working with Musashino Animation
The production staff of Shirobako consisted of:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, RDG: Red Data Girl)
- Original Character Designer: Ponkan 8 (Original Artist of Oregairu)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanami Sekiguchi (Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
There has been many talks about a second season of the anime, however, the director of Shirobako, Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another), mentioned in an interview last July that a second season isn’t possible as his scheduled is filled for the next few years. He also notes that there is enough material to warrant a sequel.
Shirobako is an original series about creating anime. Specifically, it features a small group of cute girls aiming to tackle on one of Japan’s largest industries. The 5 girls work at Musashino Animation and each have a different and important role in the production of anime. The anime is a collaboration between P.A. Works with Girls und Panzer and Another director Tsutomu Mizushima. The anime began in October 2014 as a 2 cour series, ending in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season after a total of 24 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Five girls chase their dreams. The story revolves around the everyday troubles and hardships that occur when working in the anime industry, and the results and conflicts that happen day-to-day among the group of girls.
There will be two Premium Blu-ray Volumes for Shirobako coming out at the end of the year, both at ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00) each. Volume 1 contains episodes 1-12 with volume 2 having episodes 13-24, and will release on November 23rd and December 21st respectively.
Here is the Amazon Japan link for Vol. 1: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHL59M/
And the link for Vol. 2: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHL59C/
"Shirobako", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 P.A. Works, Tsutomu Mizushima, Ponkan 8 and Shirobako Production Committee