At the end of the 12th and final episode for the second season anime adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga, a third season was announced. The announcement itself is a short video that features imagery for what’s to come in the future season.
A third season of the Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) anime has been announced and will premiere in 2018.
The second season has finished airing after a total of 12 episodes, which aired every Saturday on Tokyo MX at 11:00pm JST since April 1st.
— アニメ「進撃の巨人」公式アカウント (@anime_shingeki) June 17, 2017
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Yuuki Kaiji (Issei Hyoudou from High School DxD) returning to voice Eren Yeager
- Yui Ishikawa (Hinaki Shinjou in Hinaki Shinjou) as Mikasa Ackerman
- Marina Inoue (Tooka Yatogami in Date A Live) voicing as Armin Arlert
- Kishou Taniyama (Natsuki Shinomiya from Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love) will voice Jean Kirstein
- Yuu Kobayashi (Katsuragi in Senran Kagura) voicing as Sasha Blouse
- Shiori Mikami (Akari Akaza from YuruYuri) returns to voice Krista Lenz
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) who will voice Connie Springer
- Tomohisa Hashizume (Delico in Gangsta.) voices Bertolt Hoover
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) returning as Reiner Braun
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) voicing the role of Ymir
- Hiroshi Kaminya (Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!) who will voice Levi
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) as Erwin Smith
- Romi Park (Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist) back as Hanji Zoe
The leading members of the second season’s production staff include:
- Director: Koizuka Masashi (Attack on Titan and Attack on Titan: No Regrets Episode Director)
- Chief Director: Tetsuro Araki (Attack on Titan, Death Note)
- Series Composer: Yasuko Kobayashi (Attack on Titan, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass)
- Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara (Attack on Titan, Rolling☆Girls)
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima (Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Music Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown)
- Animation Studio: Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, Rolling☆Girls)
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans.
Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a colossal titan that appears out of thin air. As the smaller titans flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single titan and take revenge for all of mankind.