A brand new trailer has been released for the upcoming anime film adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei’s Blame! manga. The 30 second video reveals more footage and backstory for the movie and introduces the main characters and cast. The video also previews the main theme song, Calling you performed by angela.
The movie will be released in theatres across Japan on Saturday, May 20th. Blame! will also be available to stream on Netflix worldwide on the same day.
Here is the film’s first trailer:
And the second trailer:
The main cast of the anime was also revealed and includes:
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will voice Killy
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) as Cibo
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Zuru
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jouji Saiga from Psycho-Pass) is going to voice Pop
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) as Sutezou
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) will be voicing as Tae
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase from Free!) will voice Fusata
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Atsuji
The production staff from Nihei’s Knights of Sidonia (Sidonia no Kishi) anime will produce the anime film:
- Director: Hiroyuki Seshita (Ajin, Knights of Sidonia Co-Director)
- Screenplay: Sadayuki Murai (Knights of Sidonia, Mushishi Live Action)
- Original Script and Original Character Designer: Tsutomu Nihei
- Anime Character Designer: Yuki Moriyama (Knights of Sidonia, Aijn)
- Animation Studio: Polygon Pictures (Knights of Sidonia, Aijn)
The film will feature a brand new story penned by Nihei. Here is the film’s synopsis:
In the distant technological future, civilization has reached its ultimate Net-based form. An “infection” in the past caused the automated systems to spiral out of order, resulting in a multi-leveled city structure that replicates itself infinitely in all directions. Now humanity has lost access to the city’s controls, and is hunted down and purged by the defense system known as the Safeguard.
In a tiny corner of the city, a little enclave known as the Electro-Fishers is facing eventual extinction, trapped between the threat of the Safeguard and dwindling food supplies. A girl named Zuru goes on a journey to find food for her village, only to inadvertently cause doom when an observation tower senses her and summons a Safeguard pack to eliminate the threat.
With her companions dead and all escape routes blocked, the only thing that can save her now is the sudden arrival of Killy the Wanderer, on his quest for the Net Terminal Genes, the key to restoring order to the world.