A brand new commercial has been released for the upcoming anime adaptation of Ukyou Kodachi and Mikie Ikemoto’s Boruto manga, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. The new 30 second video briefly introduces to us Boruto and his thoughts about being the son of the Hokage. The video also previews the Opening theme song, Baton Road by Kana-Boon.
The Boruto TV anime will begin airing on Wednesdays at 5:55pm JST from April 5th on TV Tokyo during the Spring 2017 anime season.
Here is the announcement video of the new series:
The main cast of the anime film will return to reprise their roles in the new anime:
- Yuko Sanpei (Renton Thurston from Eureka Seven) returns as Boruto Uzumaki
- Kokoro Kikuchi (Potpourri in Heartcatch Precure!) is back to voice Sarada Uchiha
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Kouji Nishimura in Baby Steps) as Mitsuki
- Kensho Ono (Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero) is going to voice Shikadai Nara
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Inojin Yamanaka
- Ryoko Shiraishi (Hayate Ayasaki from Hayate no Gotoku!) voicing Chouchou Akimichi
- Junko Takeuchi (Gon Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) as Naruto Uzumaki
- Nana Mizuki (Fate Testarossa in Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha) returns to voice Hinata Hyuuga
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Naruto was a young shinobi with an incorrigible knack for mischief. He achieved his dream to become the greatest ninja in the village and his face sits atop the Hokage monument. But this is not his story… A new generation of ninja are ready to take the stage, led by Naruto’s own son, Boruto!