The official website of the anime adaptation of Kotoyama’s Dagashi Kashi manga has announced that a Blu-ray box set of the anime’s first season will go on sale from December 20th. The box set will include all the episodes, additional video footage, and various pre-order bonuses. The boxset will arrive just before the second season’s premiere in January 2018.
The boxset will come with two Blu-ray discs featuring all 12 episodes of the first season in full 1080p HD. The disc will also come with non credited Opening and Ending sequences. The boxset will also contain a special booklet and a limited edition sleeve case drawn by Kotoyama.
The set will release in Japan on December 20 and will retail for ¥10,000 (~ US$87.66), without tax. Pre-orders are available at participating stores, who also offer a limited edition bonus for ordering at their locations. The store bonuses include:
- Canime – A special limited edition storage box (above) and an original print from the Ending or Opening
- Toranoana – An A4 Clear File
- Animaru! – Mouse Pad
- HMV – An A5 sized Illustration card
- Animate – A3 sized clear poster
- Neowing – Large Portrait sized photo
- Chara-ani – B2 sized tapestry
- Amazon Japan – A4 sized visual sheet
- Seven Net Shopping – Mouse Pad
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will return to voice Hotaru Shidare
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) is voicing Kokonotsu Shikada
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) voices Saya Endou
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) as Tou Endou
The production staff of season 1 consists of:
- Director and Series Composer: Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo ESP)
- Series Composer: Yasuko Kamo (Kanamemo, Tokyo ESP)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanetoshi Kamimoto (Burst Angel, Yosuga no Sora)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Haganai, Isshuukan Friends.)
- Animation Studio: feel. (Oregairu Zoku, Minami-ke Tadaima)
A second season of the Dagashi Kashi anime was announced and will be broadcasting in January 2018, which will place it in the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. The season will run from January until March next year.
The first promotional video for Dagashi Kashi season 2 was revealed, which introduces the main characters:
Dagashi Kashi is a comedy manga written and illustrated by Kotoyama. The series began in 2014 being serialized in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. To date a total of 8 volumes have been compiled. A TV anime adaptation of the series premiered in the Winter 2016/2017 anime season for 12 episodes. The anime was produced by studio feel. (Oregairu Zoku, Minami-ke Tadaima) and directed by Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo ESP).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Shikada Kokonotsu’s father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in Summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu’s father is famous and she wants him to join her family’s company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!
A Blu-ray boxset of the first Dagashi Kashi anime is being released on December 20, retailing for ¥10,000 (~ US$87.66), without tax. The set will be out just before the premiere of the second season in January 2018, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season.