The official website of the anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda and Nikki Asada’s Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium) novel series has announced that the series will be getting a second compilation film recapping the events of the second season.
The second season, which aired in October 2016 for a total of 13 episodes, will be getting a recap film this Fall/Autumn. The film will offer a look back of Hibike! Euphonium Season 2, as the first film, Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku Bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium: Welcome to the Kitauji High School Concert Band), did with the first season in April 2016.
Here is the promotional video for the second recap film:
The main cast of the second season includes:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) is back to voice Kumiko Oumae
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who voices Sapphire Kawashima
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) returns to voice Asuka Tanaka
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Haruka Ogasawara
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) voices Kaori Nakaseko
- Konomi Fujimura (First Major Role) back as Natsuki Nakagawa
- Yuri Yamaoka (Choi Mochimazzi in Tamako Market) is going to voice Yuuko Yoshikawa
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki
The main production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-ON!, Tamako Market)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Ikeda (K-ON! and Tokyo Ghoul Animator)
- Instrument Designer: Takahashi Hiroyuki (K-ON!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Music Composer: Akito Matsuda (GLASSLIP, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
Here is the main PV of season 2:
Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium) is a music novel series written by Ayano Takeda and illustrated by Nikki Asada. The series began in December 2013 being published by Takarajimasha. To date a total of 4 volumes have been published. A manga adaptation of the series was launched in November last year, by Ayano Takeda and Hami that is being published in Takarajimasha’s Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Web magazine. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2015 anime season by Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park) with Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) directing. The anime ran for a total of 13 episodes. An anime film was produced in early 2016 and a second season during the Fall/Autumn 2016 season for 13 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school’s brass band club as a first year. Kumiko’s classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.
The second recap film of the Hibike! Euphonium anime, taking a look back at the second season, is being produced for a Fall/Autumn 2017 release. Further details about the movie will be revealed at a later date.
"Hibike! Euphonium", "Sound! Euphonium", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Ayano Takeda, Takarajimasha, Kyoto Animation and the Hibike! Production Committee