The main cast of the anime consists of:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will voice Yuzu Aihara
- Minami Tsuda (Yui Funami in YuruYuri) as Mei Aihara
- Yukiyo Fujii (Latifah Fleuranza in Amagi Brilliant Park) voicing the role of Harumi Taniguchi
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Himeko Momokino
- Shiori Izawa (Tanpopo Kuraishi in Witch Craft Works) voicing as Matsuri Mizusawa
Japanese manga publisher Ichijinsha first opened up about the anime project in September 2015. The company mentioned on Twitter that they were currently looking into partnering up with a company that would help them produce an anime based on the manga.
Here is the promotional video for the manga:
Citrus is a yuri romance manga written and illustrated by Saburouta. The series began in November 2012 being published in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine. To date a total of 5 volumes have been compiled and published. A drama CD of the series was released with the latest volume, which released in Japan on July 18 this year.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Fashionable Yuzu imagined the first day at her new school she transferred to after her mother’s remarriage a bit differently; she didn’t know it’d be an ultra-strict and conservative girls’ school. So instead of a sweet high-school romance, she butts heads with the stern student council president Mei—who turns out to be her new step sister. And she has to learn that hate and attraction are often not that far apart.
An anime adaptation about the yuri manga Citrus is coming our way. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
“Citrus”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Saburouta and Ichijinsha