The official website of the anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) manga has revealed a brand new visual and the third promotional video for the upcoming second season.
The third promotional video has been released which previews more scenes from the anime’s upcoming adaptation of the U.A. sports festival arc. It also previews the Opening theme song, Peace Sign performed by Kenshi Yonezu.
Here is the anime’s second PV:
And the first promotional video:
Season 2 of Boku no Hero Academia will start airing from Saturday March 25th at 5:30pm JST on NTV and YTV. The episode on the 25th will be a recap episode of the first anime season. The following episode that airs on April 1st will be the first official episode of the new season.
The cast returning from the first season includes:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) who will voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) is going to voice All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) will voice Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) joins the cast to voice Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice as Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) voicing as Minoru Mineta
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) is voicing Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
- Kousuke Kuwano (First Role) will join the cast as Yuga Aoyama
- Kiyotaka Furushima (Tomoki Tsugawa in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing Hanta Sero
- Kousuke Miyoshi (First Role) as Mashirao Ojiro
- Masakazu Nishida (Kyouma Katagiri from Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation) will play the role of Mezo Shoji
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Mina Ashido
The new cast members who will make their first appearance in the upcoming season includes:
- Kouhei Amasaki (Takaki Uno in Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans) joins the cast to voice Neito Monoma
- Saki Ogasawara (Azusa Nakajou from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) is going to voice Itsuka Kendou
- Kouji Okino (Debut Role) as Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu
- Miho Masaka (Miho from Sacred Seven) voices Ibara Shiozaki
- Azu Sakura (Debut Role) voicing the role of Mei Hatsume
- Wataru Hatano (Hakuya Mitsumine in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) will voice Hitoshi Shinsou
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) as Endeavour
The anime’s returning staff includes:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
The Opening theme song of the second season will be Peace Sign performed by Kenshi Yonezu. The Ending theme song will be sung by Little Glee Monster. The title of the ED will be revealed at a later date.
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 6 volumes have been compiled. The series has had good reception selling over 200,000 copies in 4 months, with the first volume selling out in short time. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The first season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime ran for a total of 13 episodes, airing throughout the Spring 2016 anime season.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The second season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime starts airing on NTV and YTV from Saturday March 25th at 5:30pm JST, during the Spring 2017 anime season. The first episode will recap the first season and the second episode will begin the new content.
“Boku no Hero Academia”, “My Hero Academia”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Kouhei Horikoshi, Shueisha, Studio Bones and the Boku no Hero Academia Production Committee