Chinese streaming service iQiyi have updated their listing for the official broadcast for the second season of the Osomatsu-san (Mr. Osomatsu) anime, the latest adaptation of Fujio Akatsuka’s Osomatsu-kun manga. The new listing indicates that Osomatsu-san season 2 will run for a total of 25 episodes.
iQiyi holds the official streaming license for the Osomatsu-san anime and its second season. If the listing is correct, the anime will run across 2 cours/seasons for a total of 25 episodes. With the second season starting this Fall/Autumn 2017 the series would be finishing in the end of the Winter 2017/2018 anime season in March 2018 (effectively half a year).
The anime’s first season aired during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season, also for a total of 25 episodes over 2 cours ending on March 28th, 2016.
Season 2 of Osomatsu-san premiered on Tuesday, October 3rd at 1:35am JST on TV Tokyo and TV Aichi, and will air new episodes every week in the same timeslot. The series will also air on TV Hokkaido on the 4th at 1:35am JST and then on TV Osaka at 2:05am JST. The series will also broadcast on BSJ and AT-X.
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) voices Osomatsu Matsuno
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) as Karamatsu Matsuno
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi in Bakemonogatari) voicing Choromatsu Matsuno
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice Ichimatsu Matsuno
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) as Juushimatsu Matsuno
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) voicing the role of Todomatsu Matsuno
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Yoichi Fujita (Gintama, ClassicaLoid)
- Series Composer: Shu Matsubara (ClassicaLoid)
- Anime Character Designer: Naoyuki Asano (Shiranpuri, Saint Oniisan)
- Music Composer: Yukari Hashimoto ([email protected], Golden Time)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto)
Here is the main promotional video for season 2:
Osomatsu-kun is a comedy manga written and illustrated by Fujio Akatsuka. The series ran from 1962 till 1969 for a total of 34 volumes, being serialized in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. The series first received a TV anime adaptation in 1966 by Studio Zero (Hoshi no Ko Chobin, Tonari no Tamageta-kun) for 60 episodes. A second adaptation was produced by Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto) in 1988 running for 88 episodes, followed by an anime film in 1989. To celebrate the 80th birthday of Akatsuka, who passed away in 2008 at age 72, a new adaptation was announced in 2015. Airing in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season, the new TV anime, titled Osomatsu-san, is once again produced by Studio Pierrot and is directed by Yoichi Fujita (Gintama, Good Luck Girl!).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Matsuno household has six naughty and mischievous sons (who are sextuplets), led by the eldest Osomatsu. They were grade schoolers back in the Shouwa period, but despite of still living in the same old household, the street view as well as the life style of modern day society have changed drastically.
The second season of the Osomatsu-san anime will air every Tuesday at 1:35am JST on TV Tokyo from October 3rd, during the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season. The new season is currently being listed for 25 episodes, the same as the first season.
Source Article - @LiveChart_me
"Osomatsu-san", "Osomatsu-kun", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Fujio Akatsuka, Shogakukan, Studio Pierrot, and the Osomatsu Production Committee