Animation studio P.A. Works (Shirobako, Angel Beats!) have announced the next anime project they will be working on: Sakura Quest. The new anime will be focusing on a tourism bureau in a small town and will start airing on April 5. The first visuals, main cast, staff and promotional videos were also unveiled.
The anime itself is set in a small Japanese town following 5 girls who have just been hired to work at the local tourism bureau. The town hopes that the bureau will be able to revive the town’s popularity and to put it back on the map.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
In the wake of a nationwide movement during the Bubble economy period, a small town in the countryside has revived its “mini-nation” tourism program; hiring five girls as travel ambassadors. The series will follow a year’s time of the five girls as they work in the tourism agency of a small failing town in an effort to reinvigorate it.
The anime will have its premiere on Wednesday April 5th on Tokyo MX, ABC, and AT-X. The series will also air from the 6th on BS11 and from the 8th on Tulip TV. The exact times for the broadcast have yet to be revealed.
The main cast was revealed and are as follows:
- Ayaka Nanase (Osamu in Boku dake ga Inai Machi) will lead as Yoshino Koharu
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) voicing as Shiori Shinomiya
- Chika Anzai (Reina Kousaka from Hibike! Euphonium) as Maki Midorikawa
- Chiemi Tanaka (Sasame Tsuji in Sansha Sanyou) will voice Ririko Oribe
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) voices Sanae Kouzuki
The supporting cast consists of:
- Atsushi Ono (Grandfather Cranel from DanMachi) as Ushimatsu Kadota
- Daiki Hamano (Dante Mogro from Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans) voicing the role of Mino
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows)who will voice Yamada
- Katsuyuki Konishi (America from Hetalia) playing as Takamizawa
- Vinay Murthy (Debut Role) as Mr. Sandal
- Nanako Mori (Eiko Yamano from Knights of Sidonia) voices Angelica
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Kumiko Oumae in Hibike! Euphonium) will be voicing Erika Suzuki
The currently revealed production staff includes:
- Director: Soichi Masui (Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV, Hitsugi no Chaika)
- Series Composer: Masahiro Yokotani (Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Free!)
- Original Character Designer: BUNBUN (Shuumatsu no Izetta, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako, Charlotte)
- P.A. Works (Shirobako, Angel Beats!)
The Japanese band (K)NoW_NAME will be performing the anime’s Opening song Morning Glory.
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
And the second PV:
The anime itself is the third instalment in the P.A. Works’ series about people working at their jobs, following the 2011 anime Hanasaku Iroha and the 2014 anime Shirobako.
P.A. Works’ next project is the original anime Sakura Quest, about a failing tourism bureau in a small town, which will be airing on Tokyo MX from Wednesday April 5th. Further details bout the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
Source Article #2 - Anime News Network
“Sakura Quest”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 P.A. Works and the Sakura Quest Production Committee