At the recent MF Bunko J Summer School Festival event, the staff of the anime adaptation of Tappei Nagatsuki and Shintarou Otsuka’s Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-) light novel series has announced that an OVA of the series is in production.
Not many details were given on the OVA, including its release date and what it would cover (new material or from the LN), other than the promotional video that shows off Subaru training how to cook.
Here is the promotional video for the OVA:
The Re:Zero TV anime ran for a total of 25 episodes over the Spring 2017 anime season as a 2 cour series.
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Arslan in Arslan Senki) voicing as Subaru Natsuki
- Rie Takahashi (Megumin from Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!) as Emilia
- Yumi Uchiyama (Yoko Inokuma from Kiniro Mosaic) will voice Pack
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices Felt
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will voice the role of Reinhard van Astrea
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voicing as Rem
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori) as Ram
- Satomi Arai (Kuroko Shirai from Toaru Majutsu no Index) will voice Beatrice
- Takehito Koyasu (Aokiji from One Piece) as Roswell L Mathers
The production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Masaharu Watanabe (Wakaba Girl, Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden)
- Series Composer: Masahiro Yokotani (Free!, Hataraku Maou-sama!)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Kyuta Sakai (Sakura Trick, Steins;Gate)
- Music Composer: Kenichiro Suehiro (Akasaka, Tears to Tiara)
- Animation Studio: White Fox (Steins;Gate, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-) is a fantasy light novel series written by Tappei Nagatsuki with illustrations by Shintarou Otsuka. The series started in early 2014 being published under Kadokawa’s MF Bunko J imprint. To date a total of 13 volumes have been published. There have been two manga adaptations produced thus far. The first manga is drawn by Daichi Matsue and published under Monthly Comic Alive where the series ended at 2 volumes. The second series is by Makoto Fugetsu with the first volume releasing in March under Square Enix’s Big Gangan magazine. A TV anime adaptation of the series was produced during the Spring 2016 anime season, directed by Masaharu Watanabe (Wakaba Girl, Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden) and produced by White Fox (Steins;Gate, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) that ran for 25 episodes.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Suddenly high school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store. With the biggest crisis of his life being summoned to another world and no sign of the one who summoned him, things become worse when he is attacked. But when he is saved by a mysterious silver-haired girl with a fairy cat, Subaru cooperates with the girl to return the favor. When they finally manage to get a clue, Subaru and the girl are attacked and killed by someone. Subaru then awakens in the place he was summoned and notices he gained the ability “Returns by Death.” A helpless boy that only has the ability to rewind time by dying. And beyond the despair can he save the girl from the fate of death?
A new OVA episode of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu is in production. Further details about the episode, including its release date, will be revealed at a later date.
"Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu", "Re: Life in a Different World from Zero", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Tappei Nagatsuki, Shintarou Otsuka, and the Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Production Committee