The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga has announced that an OVA of the upcoming 4th season will be bundled with the manga’s 29th volume. It will release in Japan on May 2nd.
The new OVA will focus on Erina, after she has run away to stay over at the dorm. She will be cleaning her clothes for the first time after attending her first public bath with Alice. This is the start of Erina’s new life.
Orders for the OVA bundle (with the DVD and the manga) will open from March 5th. It will retail for ¥3,000 (~ US$26.50), without tax.
The OVA will be part of the fourth season, titled Shokugeki no Souma: Tootsuki Ressha. It is currently being stated as the second part of the third season, Shokugeki no Souma, being set directly after its events. The series will air in the Spring 2018 anime season, which will begin from April.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) will join the cast to voice Erina
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) wil voice Eishi Tsukasa
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) as Rindou Kobayashi
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voicing Momo Akanegakubo
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing the role of Nene Kinokuni
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Terunori Kuga
The leading staff members consists of:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Here is the first promotional video for season 4:
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 29 compiled volumes released. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for Spring 2015, directed by Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri) and produced by J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo). A second season aired in Summer 2016 with a third season in the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
A brand new OVA of the Shokugeki no Souma anime will be released with the manga’s 29th volume, releasing on May 5th. It will be released alongisde the upcoming fourth season, Shokugeki no Souma: Tootsuki Ressha, which will air in April 2018 during the Spring 2018 anime season. Further details will be revealed about the series in 2018.
"Shokugeki no Souma: Tootsuki Ressha", "Shokugeki no Souma", "Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma", images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee